Camera settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera settings

I have a 1d mk2 and recently i was reading a post of setting up the camera , now knowing nothing about such things i noticed my camera has custom settings and wondered if i should reset them all and start again once i know what i`m doing , what do you think? Harvey

Re: Camera settings

I can't remember what my MK2 settings were, because I evolved them to the MKIII and now the MKIV. However, they can and do make quite a difference to your results and I would advise you to try it. If you can google settings on the net, that's a good place to start. If not, just go through each function and look at the options available and where altering it would improve your photography, give it a try. If you don't think it would help, leave it at it's standard setting.

Write down any changes you make, what it was as standard and what you changed it to .............. just in case!

Hope that helps.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin, i haven`t really checked what the settings are but am tempted to reset it all and like you say trial and error , Harvey

Comment

Hi Harvey,

I'll second what Colin says. Ever since I got my 1D iv over a year ago I've made subtle changes. Most were for the better, but some weren't. Just keep a note of the origin settings and its easy to revert back if something doesn't work. When Colin posted his 1D iv settings, which I took up, I found a big difference in the cameras performance - for the better. Needless to say, I'm not making subtle changes any more - the camera is exactly where I want it to be.

TTFN,
        Neil
        Neilly's Flickr Page
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
        Facebook
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Working...
        X