5d mk1 how many autofocus lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5d mk1 how many autofocus lights

How many autofocus lights should show up when focusing, i am only getting one, compared to my my old 30d where several would show in viewfinder, is this normal for the 5d mk1, thanks

Re: 5d mk1 how many autofocus lights

Depends which point you've got selected - and all you're interested in anyway is making sure that you've got focus at the point you want?

Comment

My recollection was that it has 6 maximum?
      www.garywhite-photography.com
      Gary White, MPhil
      Travel Photographer

Comment

You can choose, check out the Owners manual how to set what you want. I would suggest the previous owner set it at centre focus single spot.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

How many autofocus lights should show up when focusing, i am only getting one, compared to my my old 30d where several would show in viewfinder, is this normal for the 5d mk1
          It sounds a little bit like you’ve been letting the 30D to choose the focus point.
          If you want more focus lights, clear the custom functions, and it should be like your 30D was.

The previous owner may have the camera set-up so you can choose the focus point using the multi controller (joystick) at the back of the camera.

To check, press the joystick, while looking through the viewfinder, it should illuminate the centre focus point, then move the joystick in a circular motion, it should cycle around the available focus points.

IMHO is the camera is set up as above, I would leave it that way.

Trev

Comment

How many autofocus lights should show up when focusing, i am only getting one, compared to my my old 30d where several would show in viewfinder, is this normal for the 5d mk1
            It sounds a little bit like you’ve been letting the 30D to choose the focus point.
            If you want more focus lights, clear the custom functions, and it should be like your 30D was.

The previous owner may have the camera set-up so you can choose the focus point using the multi controller (joystick) at the back of the camera.

To check, press the joystick, while looking through the viewfinder, it should illuminate the centre focus point, then move the joystick in a circular motion, it should cycle around the available focus points.

IMHO is the camera is set up as above, I would leave it that way.

Trev

Comment

Working...
            X