Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5D mk2 problem...

Hi Folks
    I have been very pleased with my mk2 for a very long time, but lately I have run into problems transferring images from the camera to Lightroom. It will not connect at all via the USB cable

I have tried several cables, but ended up using a card reader instead. Anyone experienced the same?

Best Regards
    Terje
    Canon 5D Mk2 with EF 24mm/1.4, EF50mm/1.2L, EF100mm/2.8 LIS, EF70-200mm/2.8 LIS and 1.4 extender and EF 12 & 25 extension tubes, eh... and a EX 550 flash I hardly ever use..

Re: 5D mk2 problem...

Could be an issue with drivers not being recognised by your computer. What PC / OS are you using?
    www.garywhite-photography.com
    Gary White, MPhil
    Travel Photographer

Comment

In my opinion, you are always better off using a card reader.

In essence, the camera "pushes" info to the computer using it's batteries, whereas the computer "pulls" the information from the cardreader. Cardreader is normally quicker and less prone to problems.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

I agree with Colin - I havent used a direct camera link since my 10D days...
        I have a new USB3 CF card reader whiich is great
        www.garywhite-photography.com
        Gary White, MPhil
        Travel Photographer

Comment

Although I don't have problems downloading images from my 5D-2 to my PC into Lightroom, lightroom will not recognize the 5D-2 if I try to shoot tethered; I can shoot tethered with a 50D, and with a 1D-3, so I'm at a loss on that front, I do wonder if it is my PC because EOS utility doesn't work any longer and I can't get images into DPP; I have to say that my PC is getting on a bit, and runs Windows XP (I hear you laughing), thinking of a Mac to replace the PC, still undecided.
          Ian,1D-3, 5D-2, 24-70L, 70-200L, 100-400L, ST-E2, 580-EX2, Elinchrom lights: http://www.flickr.com/photos/clik-klik/

Comment

Have you updated the Lightroom recently? The may have been something that changed which may be causing the problem, or have you updated the 5d2 which may need un update to Lightroom?

Comment

Thanks all
              I have firmware 2.1.1 on the 5D and uses LR 4
              I guess it transfer faster with a fast card reader. I use a Macbook so maybe I should look out for a firewire card reader?
              I also must say that most of the time the connection works fine :-)
              Canon 5D Mk2 with EF 24mm/1.4, EF50mm/1.2L, EF100mm/2.8 LIS, EF70-200mm/2.8 LIS and 1.4 extender and EF 12 & 25 extension tubes, eh... and a EX 550 flash I hardly ever use..

Comment

Working...
              X