7D or 50D or ??????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7D or 50D or ??????????????

Right then I have decided that in the next couple of months to purchase a new camera but dont know what !!!!!!!!!
    The budget will be around £2500 BUT that will have to include a couple of l lenses which i am prepard to buy S/H
    I am really torn between the 7D and the 50D or should I get a S/H 1D
    lenses I really want are the 2.8 24-70 and the 70-200 2.8 just about dooable if bought on fleebay.
    My main interest is is landscape,wildlife and motorsports.

What are your thoughts on this,the pros and cons

Dave

Re: 7D or 50D or ??????????????

Well, even on LCE a used 70-200 is £830 http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Secondhand_results.asp

I'd get the two lenses new (£2,000) and a used 40D for £500 (see LCE). The 50D is no better. You don't say what you have now. 200mm may not be enough for wildlife/sports, even on crop factor. You could also get a x1.4 converter.
    Last edited by carregwen; 11-10-2009, 17:20.

Comment

20D allready got a 135/400 and a kenko 1.4 converter

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Corsa View Post
        20D allready got a 135/400 and a kenko 1.4 converter
        Dave
        You will notice a difference between the 20D and 40D. I have a 50D, as well as a 5D, and I'm not entirely happy with the 50D. I love the feel of it, and the functions on it, but it seems noisy above ISO400. Don't know about the 7D - I think the jury is still out on that one.

Comment

I also find the 20D very noisy above 400iso I must admit to having a 450d and that was very quiet above 400 which I relly miss,the only thing I miss!

very undecided at the mo,which way to go,hey LCE is rather expensive S/H as a new 70-200 n2.8 can be purchased off eaby for £820 off a UK seller

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Corsa View Post
            LCE is rather expensive S/H as a new 70-200 n2.8 can be purchased off eaby for £820 off a UK seller

Dave
            It only refers to a 90 day warranty. Is this the one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-CANON-EF-7...d=p3286.c0.m14

Comment

Yup but suerly as it is new the canon warrenty would cover it for 12mnths,have emailed the seller to ask if it is a uk or grey import,will report back when i Get the ans

dave

Comment

Working...
              X