SD card for Canon 500D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD card for Canon 500D

I am about to purchase a 500D and need to buy some memory cards. The choice seems to be between Scandisk Ultra or Extreme. The Extreme are very expensive and is the extra speed a waste of money with this camera.
    John

Re: SD card for Canon 500D

Why not use Transcend SDHC (6). They are considerably cheaper than Sandisk and very reliable. I have used their 4 GB CF cards for several years with my 400D and 40D, and my wife uses 8GB SDHC with her point and shoot G10.

Comment

Westlyn

I enquired at my local camera shop and was told that you need a Class 4 card to work OK - be careful as some SanDisk Ultimate are both class 2 and 4.

PS Yes they are q.expensive but on eBay there is a retailer called Bobob_UK who seems to sell them at a good price

B

Comment

Originally posted by baillieswells View Post
        Why not use Transcend SDHC (6). They are considerably cheaper than Sandisk and very reliable. I have used their 4 GB CF cards for several years with my 400D and 40D, and my wife uses 8GB SDHC with her point and shoot G10.
        Hi

Any particular place you'd recommend buying from?

Thanks

B

Comment

Use 7dayshop for comparison. Based in Guernsey

Comment

I also have a 500D and bought 2 x 4GB Panasonic Class 10 SDHC Cards from mymemory.co.uk for £31.98 inc. delivery

Comment

Working...
            X