Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandisk SDHC Card Differences

Evening,

I always buy Sandisk memory cards from reputable resellers.

I'm going to buy another an some point in the near future as the prices have come down quite a lot.

My question is - what are the differences between Sandisk Extreme and Extreme Pro crads?

Put the obvious differences aside like class rating and capacity, what would be the diffrence between a Sandisk Extreme Class 10 32GB and a Sandisk Extreme Pro Class 10 32GB?

Re: Sandisk SDHC Card Differences

Price? (that's the obvious answer).
    Read/write speed is the other.
    Sandisk Extreme SD cards read/write at 45Mb/sec (300x) whilst the Pro cards read/write at upto 95Mb/sec (633x).
    Sandisk Extreme CompactFlash cards read/write at 60Mb/sec (400x) whilst the Pro cards read/write at upto 100Mb/sec (677x).

Comment

Not sure whether you'd be interested but MyMemory are selling 32Gb Sandisk Extreme UDMA 1/Class 10 cards for £23.99 today

See here http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/SanDi...B_s---Class-10
      Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS2 View Post
        Price? (that's the obvious answer).
        Read/write speed is the other.
        Sandisk Extreme SD cards read/write at 45Mb/sec (300x) whilst the Pro cards read/write at upto 95Mb/sec (633x).
        Sandisk Extreme CompactFlash cards read/write at 60Mb/sec (400x) whilst the Pro cards read/write at upto 100Mb/sec (677x).
        Ah right ok - I thought the Class rating dictated the R/W speed...or has that become a general guideline or minimum R/W speed for the card?

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
          Not sure whether you'd be interested but MyMemory are selling 32Gb Sandisk Extreme UDMA 1/Class 10 cards for £23.99 today

See here http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/SanDi...B_s---Class-10
          Used them before - Amazon also have them for £26.57 - Think I'd rather get that with Amazon in case the others are fakes.

Comment

Originally posted by LSainsbury View Post
            Used them before - Amazon also have them for £26.57 - Think I'd rather get that with Amazon in case the others are fakes.
            Good choice, guaranreed genuine if ordered direct off Amazon (IMHO).

Comment

Working...
            X