Has Canon gone all Apple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has Canon gone all Apple?

Having bought a touchcreen phone as soon as they came out and being left in a postion where I couldn't answer my phone due to touchpad failure
    It's good to know the camera can be operated without the touchpad. :-)

Trev

Comment

Not sure what features the Canon offers, on m43 you can touch a spot on the LCD, the camera focuses on that point then fires the shutter. People photographing kids and other fast-moving objects find it handy.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJon View Post
        Not sure what features the Canon offers, on m43 you can touch a spot on the LCD, the camera focuses on that point then fires the shutter. People photographing kids and other fast-moving objects find it handy.
        Hi John, I can do that on my phone, the net result is you have only on hand to support the phone, as you need a hand free to prod the screen.
        For hand held shooting with a DSLR it would have the same effect, one handed shooting. Maybe I'm getting old & grumpy and resistant to change, or this is a useful addition rather than just a gimmick.

Trev

Comment

Trev - being an old and grumpy person myself ... I see 'young' people holding a camera thing a few feet in front of them with one hand, squinting and using their second hand to point and click. Gone are the days of viewfinders on such things. But one young person I know reckons his Samonykia iThing Mark 3 will take far superior pictures to anything a DSLR might only dream about taking.

Comment

I think its a great move from Canon.
            People tend to forget that they still can control the cam via buttons, if they choose to do so.
            The touchscreen just provides an additional, yet much faster way of changing settings in several shooting situations.
            A very welcome feature! :)
            'Photographers are the eyes of the world'
            Canon EOS 5D Mark III
            | Canon EOS 600D |
            EF-S 10-22mm f/3,5-4,5 USM | EF-S 17-55mm f/2,8 IS USM |
            EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM | EF-S 60mm f/2,8 Macro USM |
            EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
            Canon Extender EF 1,4x III | Hoya HD Filter Pol & UV in 67 & 77mm

Comment

Working...
            X