Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, how long before tis gets to Canon?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18536170
    Last edited by celtex; 21-06-2012, 17:30.
    EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Re: Wow, how long before tis gets to Canon?

About 3 years
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

But why? I would much prefer speed, eye control focusing (like the EOS3), better glass at CHEAPER prices, I will never ever ever have a use for this...ever...

Comment

Originally posted by minime View Post
        But why? I would much prefer speed, eye control focusing (like the EOS3), better glass at CHEAPER prices, I will never ever ever have a use for this...ever...
        I wasn't advocating it, just posting as an item of interest
        EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

No, I know mate...but I bet Canon will love the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by minime View Post
            Are you sure? What size was your first digital sensor and what size is your current one?

(As we like to say, size doesn't matter, does it? )
            Bob Turner
            Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

I am certain...absolutely...none of us will...ever...it's silly...doing something for doing's sake...spending huge sums of money developing something 99.99% of us will never need but 100% of us will pay for...I don't need 25mp canon developed...I currently have 16mp and that is more than enough for most of us...

Let's say developing a camera with these capabilities will cost £1000000...that by the way is nothing like what it would cost but lets just say thats all it would cost...would that money not be better spent creating lenses of L quality at non L quality prices so everyone who owns an eos benefits?

Comment

Canon already have a 100mp sensor - but how much do you need? Given that the vast majority of pictures are viewed on screen/online where you're constrained to 72dpi 'do the math'!! As for that tech bit, not sure I fancy lugging that around - bag full of 1D's, 500 f4, 300 f2.8 etc etc is more than heavy enough for me!

Comment

You could go and cover a football match, set up your camera to cover the whole pitch and just crop to the action you want in each frame.

Comment

Working...
                  X