Eos 50d ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eos 50d ?

Anyone had experience with this camera ? I was thinking of upgrading to a 600D but I think the 50D may be a better upgrade ?
    My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
    © JH Foto
    The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Re: Eos 50d ?

More robust, semi-pro body. The 50D is very well regarded, so there is a lot of logic to support you.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

I have a 50D which I have used for a couple of years and have been happy with it, it is a good camera but not in my opinion very good at the higher ISO, my 50D shows quite a bit of noise at 800 unless you absolutely nail the exposure. If you don't need high ISO then consider it but for performance you may be better with a current model.

As Colin has said it is very nicely built being pretty solid and nice to handle

Comment

I had a 50D but was never happy with its performance in respect of noise at quite low ISO levels. I only kept it for 10 months before upgrading to a 7D and then went back to a 40D for a back up body

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Bodger View Post
          Anyone had experience with this camera ? I was thinking of upgrading to a 600D but I think the 50D may be a better upgrade ?
          Appears that you are forever changing your mind Bodger.
          I'd stick with what you've got (450D) and consider an upgrade at a later date, cameras come and go whilst the lens is the real investment.
          The 450D was a cracking camera when it was launched 4 years ago, has it changed?
          Here is a side-by-side comparison HERE 50D vs 600D vs 450D
          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

I think you should first of all note what exactly you want to photograph and then decide on the model. Once again the old saying "a new camera will give you bigger pictures but NOT better pictures"! (courtesy of Les.M) I would go for the 600d as it has got a lot of good features so much so you would want to keep it for some time. Keep also in mind, as Stephen as said, the Lens is the real investment; they also keep their value far longer- particularly the L series.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
            X