Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy Way to Select Memory Card - 5D III??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Way to Select Memory Card - 5D III??

Sorry for the dumb question, and I'm sure it's very simply solved. Is there an easy way to select memory card 1 or memory card 2 on the 5D III?

I can't see this in the manual (or another "field guide" I have). It's quite straightforward on the 1Ds II I have, but I'm actually struggling with it at the moment - other than going into the menu every time, I'm stumped!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Stephen
    Adare Images Website

The Snappy Snapper Blog

Re: Easy Way to Select Memory Card - 5D III??

Stephen
    I don't have a 5D but I have found this which may help in a review at the digital picture. I hope this is what you are looking for.

By default, the 5D III will write to the last card slot used. You can change this card slot designation in the first tool menu tab (Record func+card/folder sel). The card slot numbers are indicated on the memory card door. CF is slot 1, SDHC is slot 2.

The full review is HERE
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Hi Stephen,

I've looked through the manual, but I cannot see a shortcut. I've studied the custom function settings, but no luck there either I'm afraid.

I'll google and see what transpires.

JaKS
      The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Hi, have you tried to set this function on the my menu and give the action to a set or dop button, i have not tried it myself but thinking loud in my office.

Raj
        Raj
        Flickr

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys - I really thought it would be simpler than it appears to be, but maybe not!

Stephen
          Adare Images Website

The Snappy Snapper Blog

Comment

Have you looked at the quick menu from there you can see which card is in use and very quickly change it

Comment

Thanks again, and to Raj and Muscat. It was the quick menu answer I was hoping for Muscat - that really saved me a lot of headaches! Great stuff!

I must get my head around all those buttons!

Stephen
              Adare Images Website

The Snappy Snapper Blog

Comment

Working...
              X