Batteries running down in 5D Mark II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batteries running down in 5D Mark II

I have two lpe6 batteries (in a BG-E6 battery grip) which have run down completely twice in recent weeks. The camera wouldn't even turn on.
    They appear to recharge corrrectly.

Has anyone experienced this? Could it be the battery grip? I've been using it for months without a problem.

Re: Batteries running down in 5D Mark II

Is the grip tight to the boddy of your camera it happend to me once .
    I gave the wheel of the grip a sllght twist and power came back on ,just a though
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
    Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
    Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Thanks for reply. I think so, as when it happened the first time I put a third battery in the grip, and then some AA batteries, and the power came on in both cases.
      I will check next time it happens.

Comment

If two batteries are doing it,then it is probably the camera or grip that is at fault.

My next move would be to put a battery in the camera without the grip and see if it still discharges so quickly.
        Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Thanks. I had the same conclusion. I've left them out of the camera completely for a couple of days and they are both showing full charge when I put them back.

Comment

Does the Battery grip have a little lcd screen on as I had one of these and the battery in the grip that powers the lcd keeps going flat and then the lcd draws its power from the camera batteries I finished up throwing the grip in the bin
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

No, there's no LCD screen - this is the standard Canon original grip. Thanks for the idea, though.

Comment

I may have the answer for you Derek. On my 7D last month, I found that fully charged batteries always registerd as empty in the camera. The camera worked fine otherwise, except that the batteries lasted for a very short time. I googled this and found it to be a fault on early 7D models but canon denied this.
                However it cost me £100 to get it fixed.
                Rob

Comment

Thanks for reply. My batteries register normally in the menu display, it's just that the camera won't turn on. After the second time of occuring, I found that the batteries recharged quickly indicating, perhaps, that they weren't low at all! I'm still thinking that the grip isn't quite connecting.

Comment

Sounds like you need to send it off for repair - let us know what transpires

Comment

Working...
                    X