50D corrupting cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50D corrupting cards?

My 50D is apparently corrupting CF cards. I can format most cards in the camera ok but then when re-inserted into the camera body sometimes they are showing as unformatted or even can not format.
    Some full cards, once removed from the camera, cannot be read and are showing as unformatted on the display . I can however read these cards ok via the card reader and in another camera body (the 40D).
    By a process of elimination, I think I have located the issue to (possibly)the 50D pins in body itself or to four or five cards which have been through the camera for reformatting.
    My next plan is to have the contacts in the camera body checked out at the repair shop.
    The latest firmware is installed.
    Has anyone else experienced similar problems which might help us identify the source of the problem .?.
    Last edited by hectorpaljr; 11-10-2012, 15:18.

Re: 50D corrupting cards?

It appears for what you've written that you're fomatting the cards externally and not using the camera to do it - if so, why?

TTFN,
    Neil
    Neilly's Flickr Page
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Sorry I didnt make that bit clear . Cards are being formatted in the camera. (Original post now edited)

Comment

Are you using a known brand of card?

Comment

Sandisk Extreme III, SandiskUltra II, Transcend, Dane-elec and Hama have all shown similar problems at different times. All of these actual cards have previously worked on my 40D without any issues.
          Last edited by hectorpaljr; 11-10-2012, 16:46.

Comment

Working...
          X