Noisy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noisy

I've recently bought (2nd hand) a Canon 1D MkII for shooting airshows and horse racing.
    I'm finding the results quite noisy and wondered if you could shed any light on this?
    I realise that the body is oldish technology but I would have thought it was possible to get clearer shots.
    I use 100 & 200 ISO most of the time.

Any views would be much appreciated.

Re: Noisy

Only thing I can think of is, without being rude! Are you under exposing? To get a fast enough shutter speed using ISO 200 for Horse Racing takes some doing in my opinion!

Papa.

Comment

Hi,

I think you need to post some pictures with the Exif information intact to allow members to view and make constructive comment on the noise and settings used.

Regards Paul

Comment

Good point you have made papa, I will try a few adjustments.
        Thank you.

Comment

If you correctly expose then at ISO 100 or 200 you should have no problems, however if your shot is underexposed then correcting it in pp is when the noise is gonna start to come in

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

I agree with Stan. I had a MKII and you need to nail the exposure. Under exposing isn't good so you need to be spot on, or slightly over exposed if you are shooting in RAW. Check the histogram and make sure you are slightly to the right of the histogram, without clipping the highlights.

Shooting up to ISO400 should be OK, but it starts to struggle with a bit of noise from ISO800 upwards. Nothing a bit of selective noise reduction wouldn't sort out though.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Thanks for all the help guy's I really appreciate it I am sure you have nailed it for me.

Comment

Working...
              X