Clixon makes a whoopsie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clixon makes a whoopsie!

Back again all, and must be a glutton for punishment!

After my last "incident" in april....... I chose to get some insurance to cover my equipment.

I am glad I did, I chose photoguard!

The other night I went out with my mate to do some meteor shots,
    we set our tripods up, I turned round to help my mate and there was this almight crash!!!!

OOPS! 1 x 600d and 18-55 lens smashed!

The lens is a write off but the body looks like it's gonna cost a few hundred to repair.

I've been told that if it's too costly to repair, the insurers will just replace like for like or to the value of the purchase.

so..... looks like I am without a camera again! yes I know im a tit! lol

only had the thing less than a year too!

steve

Re: Clixon makes a whoopsie!

Perhaps this is an opportunity to "upgrade".
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Well, I don't know about upgrade...... I don't have the money for that.

The insurance company paid great western cameras for the repair. it's just come back today and I checked the camera in store before I left.

The repair manager even agreed, the camera isn't how it was when it was handed to Lehmans repair centre.

The technicians at Lehmans have repaired the problems but at the same time, they've created another problem.

They've done soemthing to the LCD display and it doesn't auto rotate. even in live mode the photo's are being taken upside down!

I have to flip out the screen to see the image the right way round. Not a happy bunny, but what can I do so close to christmas?

GWC have kindly agreed to call Lehmans in the morning as they closed at 5.

basically if I can stand on my head, I can use the camera fine! other than that! pfffffft!

Comment

Just a thought.. Its not the settings is it. Can you turn off the auto rotate? as this been done?
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Get yourself some camera Armour.

Comment

Originally posted by mandon View Post
            Get yourself some camera Armour.
            +1 ... my rambling kit wears camera armor (sic) - that brand is no longer made but there are other products available.

Comment

Working...
            X