EOS-M w/EF-EOS Adapter Focusing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In using the EOS-M w/EF-EOS-M Adapter during this Christmas Season, I have found an interesting issue.

When focusing on a Christmas Tree with the AF set on Flex Zone Multi & Camera on manual controls and using the Lens listed below, I have found that the camera will start hunting for a focus point until the image is completely OOF then it takes a picture.

Now this does not happen when I have the m-22mm Lenses attached to the body.

The Lens that I have tested this with are:

EF16-35mm f/2.8 USM II
    EF40mm f/2.8 STM
    Sigma 85mm f/1.4

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Tom

Re: EOS-M w/EF-EOS Adapter Focusing issue

So far I have only tried the EF-M adaptor with a Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L, Tom and I didn't notice what you are describing at all.
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Try focusing on a lit Christmas tree in low or indoor lighting.

Tom

Comment

Far too early for the tree to go up Tom
        Bob Turner
        Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Also on further testing, it focuses using the single point AF. I've called Canon and they said that this is the 1st the have heard of it.

Tom

Comment

I tried the M with the 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro this evening (hand-held) and it does do quite bit of hunting before snapping the focus. I tried it on all three range limiters and it hunted with them all. I'll try and upload some shots tomorrow.

OK, the Arsenal match is not that good (even though they are winning), so here's a couple of the shots with the above lens:

Last edited by Bawbee; 04-12-2012, 21:04.
            Bob Turner
            Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Sounds just like the problems that Olympus users, including myself, are finding with the new mirrorless E-M5 plus MMF3 adapter. The ED range of lenses were designed for Phase Difference AF and do not work well with Contrast Detect AF cameras. I sold several of my Super High Grade lenses because of the tiresome hunting and inaccurate focus even though focus had been confirmed. A trial that all DSLR users may have to go through when moving to mirrorless cameras.

David
              PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

Working...
              X