Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Follow The EOS 7D Price

Here the 7D table showing the fluctuation in price

rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Re: Follow The EOS 7D Price

Good work - looks like a 7D may become a bagmate to the 50D if it keeps dropping like that
    ef-r

Comment

When ( if ) it gets to three figures!

Comment

Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
        When ( if ) it gets to three figures!
        Hopefully by Focus on Imaging 2010
        Ray

Comment

When VAT the goes back up by 2.5% on the 1st of January you’d be looking at an extra £30 (£29.75)Based on a price £1190. Not really a massive incentive, to rush out and buy right now. ?

Millie

Comment

Certainly NOT a promo for this site - but Fizi.com now have the 7D for £1040... Won't be long before it drops below the £1000 mark!
            I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
            Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

7D is becoming a more realistic purchase option at these prices. I've never heard of Fizi.com - have you used them? How good are they and are their goods official UK or are they "grey" imports without UK warranties?

Comment

It's worth reading the terms and conditions at www.fizi.com

The products are shipped from Hong Kong, so they won't have a UK warranty. Electrical items, such as battery chargers, will probably have a 2-pin plug, though adaptors are provided. The instructions may not be in English (a PDF can be downloaded).

There are shipping and insurance costs (the later being optional, but recommended).

And you are liable for VAT (and import duty on many items, including lenses, though not digital camera bodies).
                Robert
                robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Just to clarify - my post was NOT a recommendation for Fizi - and said as much...

The point was to illustrate that there is continuing price-pressure on the 7D to bring it down to something a little more realistic - and that is happening!
                  Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

The falling value of the pound will cause the price of the 7D to rise though
                    ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                      The falling value of the pound will cause the price of the 7D to rise though
                      With respect - there is very little difference in the Sterling/Yen exchange rate today, than there was 12m ago... It's still about £1 = ¥150... so shouldn't really be a factor - but I'm sure Gordon & Alastair will screw that up for us this afternoon!

Comment

Since the 7D was anounced, sterling has fallen about 7% against the yen and still falling.

See here:

Sterling/JPN rates
                        ef-r

Comment

Thanks to Robert for pointing out the pitfalls. As usual the maxim that "if it sounds to good to be true ....." seems to apply here.

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                            Since the 7D was anounced, sterling has fallen about 7% against the yen and still falling.

See here:

Sterling/JPN rates
                            It's not a good idea to predict the direction of foreign currency markets.
                            I've heard this sort of comment many times at work from people that think they know better than the market.
                            I tell them a little story:
                            A chicken predicts each morning that they will be fed by the farmer. They know they must be right because it's what they have experienced for months. They wake up the next morning, go outside for the feed and the farmer wrings their neck. Thats what happens in the forex markets to those that base forecasts just on past performance.

Sorry to go off topic

Comment

Did you not read the analysis of the ecomony and the recent budget? To gamble on sterling is not something that I would recommend at this point in time.

Long term - ask me again in a year

Short term - I would advise against

Nothing to do with past performance
                              ef-r

Comment

Working...
                              X