5D 111 My Menu Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5D 111 My Menu Settings

I’m interested/curious to know how other 5D 111 users have set up their own item settings in the “MY Menu” feature.

So ladies and gentlemen what settings have you registered with this option please?
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: 5D 111 My Menu Settings

For me nothing, the only real changes I make are AF selections when the type of shot needs it, I.e. macro /still life doesn't really need the fast object changes as a BIF would, the other thing that I change, and again this is on the fly, is the flash settings.

Comment

Still experimenting, but at this stage:
      tracking sensitivity
      accel/decel tracking
      AF pt auto switching
      high ISO speed NR
      HDR mode
      Canon Eos 70D, Tamron 28-300mm XR Di VC, Yongnuo YN565EX + YN568EX, Panasonic FZ200

Comment

Peter, I have others that I don't really use much but these are those that I find useful as it saves having to hunt for them in the other menus

1) Date/Time/Zone - I'm disappointed that I have to set this manually in this day and age, but travelling through time zones I find it useful
        2) Mirror Lockup - use it a lot
        3) Erase Images - ditto

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
          For me nothing, the only real changes I make are AF selections when the type of shot needs it, I.e. macro /still life doesn't really need the fast object changes as a BIF would, the other thing that I change, and again this is on the fly, is the flash settings.
          Thanks Muscat

Originally posted by Thndr_strck View Post
          Still experimenting, but at this stage:
          tracking sensitivity
          accel/decel tracking
          AF pt auto switching
          high ISO speed NR
          HDR mode
          Thanks Thndr_Strck

Originally posted by AndyMackie View Post
          Peter, I have others that I don't really use much but these are those that I find useful as it saves having to hunt for them in the other menus

1) Date/Time/Zone - I'm disappointed that I have to set this manually in this day and age, but travelling through time zones I find it useful
          2) Mirror Lockup - use it a lot
          3) Erase Images - ditto

Andy
          Thanks Andy

Thanks for your responses all. I've only just bought the camera so I've a lot to learn. Just for starters I set mine to:-
          MLU, Multiple Exposure, Live View Shooting, Grid display. I'm sure these will change over time so thanks once again for your responses
          Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

For me the most useful display setting is to have the histogram shown on the back with the shooting details after each shot, a quick glance and I know if I am in the right ballpark

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
              For me the most useful display setting is to have the histogram shown on the back with the shooting details after each shot, a quick glance and I know if I am in the right ballpark
              Muscat, do you do that by multilple presses of the info button when reviewing images, or some other way?
              Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Peter I have the back screen permanently set to show a small image with the histograms (I like the RGB histogram) to the right and the remainder of the details shown below the image / histogram. I set it up initially via the menu options but now leave it as standard and if for any reason I need to switch it out I do use the 'info' button on the back of the camera.

Comment

Working...
                X