Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400D Battery Compartment Cover Flap.

Anybody know where I can obtain one.

I attached the BG E3 battery grip a while back and now want to use the camera occasionally without the grip and find I've lost the cover flap.

Support at Canon UK completely ignored my enquiry and find I have to ask you good people for help.

BTW I'm a newbie on this Forum. Looks pretty good from what I've seen so far.

Re: 400D Battery Compartment Cover Flap.

This is classed as a spare part by Canon. Lehmanns offer a spare part service for Canon items - see:
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Perhaps another option?

Do you keep the original boxes? A friend used a 30d with a BG-E2 grip and couldn't find the battery cover door. The obvious place was in the original box that the grip came in, but it wasn't there. Next we tried the box that the camera came in and it wasn't there either. Finally, I looked at the grip itself and when removed from the camera, there is a place to store the "door". When viewed from the rear, it is on the right hand side of the part that inserts into the body of the camera. This is clearly shown on diagram 3 of the instruction leaflet for the battery grip. My understanding of the differences between the BG-E2 and BG-E3 are minor dimensional.

Good luck.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

I too have found that Canon support does not give good advice. Recently I asked about the battery condition indicator on the 450d where it showed as white against the black background; Canon adviced me to take it to one of their authorised repairers. I contacted Lehmanns by phone, in Stoke,having been to them with my film EOS 3 before. They said that there was no fault but that I could choose different screen colours (quite true) if I wanted the battery indicator to show up in colour.

The moral is that Canon repairers are better informed about the products than Canon UK.
          Very disappointing to know this by expereience.

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
            Perhaps another option?

Do you keep the original boxes? A friend used a 30d with a BG-E2 grip and couldn't find the battery cover door. The obvious place was in the original box that the grip came in, but it wasn't there. Next we tried the box that the camera came in and it wasn't there either. Finally, I looked at the grip itself and when removed from the camera, there is a place to store the "door". When viewed from the rear, it is on the right hand side of the part that inserts into the body of the camera. This is clearly shown on diagram 3 of the instruction leaflet for the battery grip. My understanding of the differences between the BG-E2 and BG-E3 are minor dimensional.

Good luck.

Colin

Spot on.

Found it.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X