TV display from 5D Mk II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV display from 5D Mk II

I want to use my 5D Mk II to display some images on a TV. The images are ones I have processed from Raw files, and further edited in the GIMP. The resulting JPEG files display perfectly on the computer, but when I copy them to a CF card and put it in the camera, the camera says it can't display them.

Does anyone know whether the camera should be able to display JPEGs produced this way and if so what features they need to have for the camera to recognise them?

I have tried using the image sizes the camera itself uses but it didn't help

John

Re: TV display from 5D Mk II

I've had mixed results with this. Do you remove all the exif data when saving? Try retaining as much info as you can before exporting to the CF card.
    5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Re: TV display from 5D Mk II

I've tried copying the tags from the JPEG file the camera produced, but it didn't help. Printing out the tags from the two files they look almost the same, only some image sizes differ.

I've just got it to work for landscape images, it seems the dimensions have to be exactly the same as one of the built in sizes. The resizing software I used had tried to preserve the aspect ratio which made the image height 3 pixels too small and that was enough to prevent the camera displaying it.

For portrait images the image still has to be landscape, with some Exif tags instructing the display software to rotate it. I haven't found the correct set of tags to set for this.
      Last edited by JonnyD; 28-12-2009, 21:03.

Comment

Working...
      X