A Canon 100D??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Canon 100D??

According to Canon Rumor's, Canon is suppose to announce 2 new Camera's by the end on March one is a diminutive 100D, of they also said a new firmware was going to be released in 2 weeks for the EOS-M in Early February and I'm still waiting for that one

Tom

Re: A Canon 100D??

Here are some specs of the 100D: http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/03/c...-specs-appear/

Comment

Interesting little camera but it does look expensive but having said that all new Canon cameras look expensive when they come out and more reasonable after 6 months.

Comment

Canon U.S.A. Announces World’s Smallest And Lightest DSLR Camera the EOS SL1

Comment

The prices quotes as estimates where what I had seen

"estimated retail price of $649.99 for the body alone or $799.99 bundled with the new EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM kit lens."

which if history repeats itself as it usually does with Canon new gear that will equate to £649.99 body only and £799.99 normally it seems to be only the symbol that changes in front of the numbers.

Comment

It will be very small with the 40mm/f2.8 lens
            ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
              The prices quotes as estimates where what I had seen

"estimated retail price of $649.99 for the body alone or $799.99 bundled with the new EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM kit lens."

which if history repeats itself as it usually does with Canon new gear that will equate to £649.99 body only and £799.99 normally it seems to be only the symbol that changes in front of the numbers.
              No need to speculate. Canon UK gave suggested retail prices yesterday when it announced the cameras. Details are on the EOS magazine newsblog at:
              Camera news and updates from the world of Canon EOS photography published by EOS magazine
              Robert
              robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thanks Robert, a bit better than I thought at £580 and £709

Comment

Too expensive at £580.
                  I can't see the point in a 100D (Rebel SL1).
                  At only 116.8 x 90.7 x 69.4mm and weighing only 407g is it designed for kids ?
                  To me it's a smaller version of the 650D or 700D.
                  Canon are getting boring with these latest pointless upgrades ... (IMHO)
                  Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                  Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Did I not hear somewhere that as it was called the Rebel SL1 in the USA, there was going to be a dedicated UK version called the CHAV SL1 and later there would be a developed version that was easy to steal called the ASBO SL1.
                    Colin

Comment

LOL Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                        Did I not hear somewhere that as it was called the Rebel SL1 in the USA, there was going to be a dedicated UK version called the CHAV SL1 and later there would be a developed version that was easy to steal called the ASBO SL1.
                        Not sure what the SL1 stands for .. maybe "Silly Labelling".
                        Will Nikon develop the SN1 to represent their range ... "Silly Numbering".
                        In Japan they are called "Kiss", well they can kiss my ..... with these upgrades.
                        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Too funny Stephen

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
                            Not sure what the SL1 stands for .. maybe "Silly Labelling".
                            Will Nikon develop the SN1 to represent their range ... "Silly Numbering".
                            In Japan they are called "Kiss", well they can kiss my ..... with these upgrades.
                            Obviously not fluent in Japanese, it is pronounced .....Sirree Numberin.
                            Colin

Comment

The 700D is probably a reasonable upgrade for any 500/550D owners but it's not such an obvious path for anyone with a 6xxD model.

Looking at the 100D I can't help thinking that another EOS M type but with an EVF (a la top end Panasonics) may have been a better bet...
                              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                              X