First dslr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First dslr

My friend is looking into getting her first dslr, iv told her to get a canon so we can share lenses ect

What camera would u recommend?

Kind regards rob

Re: First dslr

I suggest a 650D as this is what you use and you can share info and ideas.
    It is a light weight camera and slightly smaller than the 7D etc.. but very capable.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

I recommend the 1Dx. If it proves too much for her, you'll just have to be the gentleman and let her use yours, while you shoulder the burden of hers.

Or, if I was being sensible, get the same as you. Then you are the genius on hand with the right settings instantly, without having to read the manual for a different model.
      Colin

Comment

I did suggest getting my camera (I love it and think its grate) she asked me if there was a better one and I said loads but I dunno if there would b one suited to her..... As for the 1dx I did say that to her already don't think she would give it to me tho

Comment

You get the 1DX and her yours :)
          ef-r

Comment

Some good deals on the 600d at the moment

Pc world doing it with 18-55is, extra battery and remote control for £449 from memory

Comment

Like others have said tell her to get the same as you. You said that she has asked if there are better ones yes there are but the 650D would be a great starter DSLR and would probably take her a long time to outgrow it (I might be wrong) I would love to have a 650D.
              1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
              Facebook
              www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

The New 700D

Explore the Canon EOS 700D Digital SLR, an 18-megapixel sensor DSLR camera with vari-angle Clear View LCD II Touch screen.
                All the best
                Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

The 60D

Explore the Canon EOS 60D Digital SLR, an 18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor DSLR with up to 5.3fps shooting for up to 58 JPEGs and Full HD movies recording.
                  All the best
                  Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

OR Full Frame 6D

Discover the Canon EOS 6D, a 20.2-megapixel DSLR with a full-frame sensor & compact design, ideal for portrait photography and travel. Find out more.
                    All the best
                    Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

She's starting out, but wants one "better than your 650?" Hmmm. *Bling factor* screams to mind.
                      What's she intending to take pictures of, btw?

Personally I'd've parked the 1100D brochure under her nose. After all, that's a starter dslr - I'm just starting out in digital (after years of film), and the 1100D's doing me fine. (Just don't buy from Argos - no IS lens).

PS I would also consider used, as you can get a better used model for the price of a new (lesser) one.
                      Last edited by NickM; 11-04-2013, 17:21.
                      I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Well just pictures of her dogs and just of stuff when she goes out in walks of birds ect

Comment

Working...
                        X