Canon 60d- possible problem???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon 60d- possible problem???

I have just noticed that when I put my drive on to "hh"- the very fast continuous shooting mode, the shutter clicks even after I have removed my finger from the button. This doesn't happen all the time but occasionally after keeping my finger on the button for a series of continuous pictures, and when I remove my finger, the shutter clicks once more. Is this a problem that needs to be attended to or is it something normal which I have not noticed before.

Advice from other Canon 60D oweners will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Nathaniel
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Canon 60d- possible problem???

Hi there Nat,

I wonder if this is similar to taking in camera HDR pictures? Could it be that the noise you are hearing isn't the shutter clicking, but the mirror dropping down, after being help up whilst the series of shots is taken? I would think that the mirror is held up to speed up the rapid sequence of shots, and you don't need the mirror in such a sequence. Have I made myself clear? (I know what I'm trying to say!!)

Best wishes

Sara W.

Comment

Sounds logical to me Sara.
      Colin

Comment

Thanks Sara. Sounds very logical and would explain the sound. I am of course relieved as I am generally very careful with my equipment and was quite worried.

Nat

P.s- I met a mutual friend last Tues at Martin Mere!
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post

P.s- I met a mutual friend last Tues at Martin Mere!
          Yes I heard. Even out here news travels!
          I was there yesterday and saw your coot chicks. My how they have grown!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarawak View Post
            Yes I heard. Even out here news travels!
            I was there yesterday and saw your coot chicks. My how they have grown!
            You have to go to Conwy RSPB reserve where there is my "favourite Lapwing" sitting on her eggs. I went there today as well to see whether the eggs had hatched but no such luck.

Comment

Working...
            X