Astonished - 1100D for £1,550 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astonished - 1100D for £1,550 !!!

I am absolutely astonished what people will pay, and what for. A red 1100D I was watching on ebay went for £1,550, that's five times what it's worth.

Considering the 1100D is hardly earth-shattering and apart from black also came in silver (Jessops), red (Comet), and BROWN (!) (Harvey Norman’s, Ireland), it's hardly exclusive.
    Forget working, buying coloured Canons and ebaying them is the way forward....
    I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Re: Astonished - 1100D for £1,550 !!!

Of course, there are a lot of scams on ebay. If you registered it as a watched item, chances are you may get an email soon saying it has been relisted as a buy it now. It will be listed, with say 11 available, at £100 a piece. 11 get snapped up, none are delivered, scammer £1000 better off, paypal and ebay account closed, no trace of vendor. Happens all the time.
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Yes, I understand that. It looks like a genuine sale - 1 item only. Can't get my head around the fact there were 64 bids and someone was prepared to pay £1,550 for it.
      I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

I know, it's rediculous! Red is a sought after colour I guess! I knew of red and silver. Never seen a brown one though, each to their own...
        Garry Macdonald on Flickr
        Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
          I know, it's rediculous! Red is a sought after colour I guess! I knew of red and silver. Never seen a brown one though, each to their own...
          Not exactly wonderful:

Comment

I am sure the bidder was quite canny and thought it would be an investment for the future- a red Canon 1100D, an unusual colour, and not many of them around, I bet!
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

That's what I would've thought, Nat. Maybe the buyer knew Comet were going under and not many of these would be existent. That said, Jessops no longer do the silver one, so will we see those going for the same?
              Personally, I'm surprised the brown 1100Ds aren't so costly. I can't exactly see those rushing off the shelves, meaning a scarcity of them on the market.
              A brown camera. Er... nice.

Comment

Alarm bells would ring to me as the seller has no feedback, clearly a scam of some form
                EOS 650D & EF-S 18-55mm, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC US, Tamron 28-105mm F/4-5.6, Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHodson View Post
                  Alarm bells would ring to me as the seller has no feedback, clearly a scam of some form
                  Spme people will just bid to upset the bidding process with no intention to buy. I expect it to be relisted in a few days.
                  If it is a genuine bid and sale then good luck to the seller.
                  Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                  Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X