Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS 70D body?

Hi All,

I am looking to get the 70D but I would just like to know if you think it is strong enough to hold A 100-400 L all day & every day. I am asking because I have never had A camera without the Magnesium alloy body.

Re: EOS 70D body?

It's not released until the end of August (in the UK at least) so I assume no-one has one yet. It looks plenty solid enough and it's in a pretty rugged series (x0D) so I'd expect it to be fine.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

It seems to be very similar to the 60D and that one is a beast. I wouldn't worry about the 70D. I'm sure it can handle any lens you throw at it.
        myTube
        Twitter: @VilliAsgeirsson
        Canon EOS 60D - 50mm f1.8 - 50mm f1.4 - 18-135mm f4-5.6 - 100mm f2.8 macro - Speedlite 480EX - Canon EOS 500D

Comment

Usually, large lenses have a tri-pod collar that supports the lens rather than the camera,- thus taking any strain off the body. Otherwise, your left hand supports the lens if you hold them (both) correctly. If I was walking with a long lens, I would support the lens anyway to take most of the weight off my neck/shoulder.

Comment

P.S. to last post.
            I envy you being in the position to be able to buy the 70D - it looks one hell of a camera! As I use a 5D Mk II & 60D, I cannot really justify purchasing one (yet) as I am only a hobbyist.

Comment

To continue with the lens supporting comment made by Collywobbles.

I use a shoulder strap. It screws into the tripod socket to let the camera hang by my side when I-m walking. I then sling the camera to the eye to shoot. If you are using a heavy lens, you can screw said strap into the lens to relieve your shoulders and the camera of the weight.
              myTube
              Twitter: @VilliAsgeirsson
              Canon EOS 60D - 50mm f1.8 - 50mm f1.4 - 18-135mm f4-5.6 - 100mm f2.8 macro - Speedlite 480EX - Canon EOS 500D

Comment

Working...
              X