Rumors of the 60D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumors of the 60D

I note that on the web there are active rumors that around February 10 there will be the announcement of the release of the 60D. Any thoughts?

Re: Rumors of the 60D

Any thoughts?
    Wouldn’t surprise me.
    Canon need to have an environmental policy that includes recycling maybe buying back old bodies at a decent price.

Save the whale/rain forests/South American tree shrew, and all that !

Millie

Comment

I can point you to rumour of the up-coming 60D, 3D & 5D mkIII, the thing is anybody can start a rumour and on the web somebody will always take the bait. Always wait till Canon announce something, then another few months before people get their hands on the actual product.

Comment

Very true Mark, although a couple of the web sites are not just mindless "I wish", but seem to be quite organized.

I must admit that I've been frustrated with Canon for simply not saying that either there will or will not be a continuation of the xxD series. Until they do, I won't be seriously considering the 7D; rather I'll be in a holding pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by vinlyn09 View Post
          I must admit that I've been frustrated with Canon for simply not saying that either there will or will not be a continuation of the xxD series.
          You don't seriously expect Canon to make a commercially sensitive announcement like that do you?

IF it happens, and I can't see it being so, then it will be an announcement after the event - not beforehand!

Product launch is now so relatively quick, and technology advancing so rapidly, that whatever we buy, whenever we buy it; it will always be 'out-of-date' very soon after purchase. But that does not mean we should continually put off any buying decisions. I just take the view that, if I'm ready to upgrade; I.e. if the price is right, and the functionality is what I want, then I accept that I will never be 'current' It's no big deal...

And to add to the rumours; there will no doubt be a 7D MkII shortly; and so it goes...
          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I heared a rumour that there will be more rumours.

Should I be concerned or should I stick with the existing rumours?

Comment

During spells of dank, cold, miserable weather many people 'moth ball' their cameras, and turn to talking about photography and equipment on the internet. Discussion of rumours is part and parcel of that. Enjoy or ignore as you see fit.

Millie

Comment

Millie,
                Sorry, I thought I was adding to the enjoy bit. I'll put a smiley face on my next attempt at humour.
                Currently pondering a 7D, so happily absorbing all the guess work on here and elsewhere - as I did around the time I was lured to a 40D from a 20D.

Have fun,
                Hughbie

Comment

My post has a smiley face, that means I'm having fun too Hughbie.

Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post

You don't seriously expect Canon to make a commercially sensitive announcement like that do you?
                    Yes, while I don't expect them to release information about a 60D per se, I would think it's very reasonable for them to say that a whole line of cameras will either continue or be deleted.

Deciding whether or not to switch from one line (xxD) to another line (xD) is a major switch, and I would think that aside from us "users", that camera professionals and camera outlets might appreciate a little information.

Why should cameras be any different in terms of such announcements than other technology.

Comment

Why should cameras be any different in terms of such announcements than other technology
                      They aren't different. No one else tells anyone that they are about to discontinue a product.

Comment

That's not true at all. Whether it's Microsoft software (e.g., we all know many details about beta versions and beyond of virtually every Microsoft line) or automobiles (we knew when the Oldsmobile and Pontiac lines would end production), many companies are fairly open with the production plans...if for no other reason than they prefer that to harmful rumors that may affect sales.

Comment

That's not true at all. Whether it's Microsoft software (e.g., we all know many details about beta versions and beyond of virtually every Microsoft line) or automobiles (we knew when the Oldsmobile and Pontiac lines would end production), many companies are fairly open with the production plans...if for no other reason than they prefer that to harmful rumors that may affect sales.
                          Announcements (or rumours) of FUTURE models or plans is a whole different ball-game from making an announcement about the potential cessation of a major model-line (the xxD series), that you're looking for... It just won't happen... Nikon would have a field-day!

As I indicated before, I just can't see Canon abandoning the xxD line anyway. It fills a perfect slot after the xxxD range, and before the xD series...

I must admit that I was initially puzzled by the announcement of the 7D, but now I see that it slots nicely into the 'top-of'the-range' crop-sensor lines, and fits another perfect slot between the xxD series and the step-up to FF... Just as the 5D provides a clear-cut stepping-stone to the 1D series...
                          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Microsoft do that to get the general public to do all the bug testing for them to save time and MONEY from doing it in house.

Look at the iMac range Apple never said a thing about the new 27" one until they were in the actual shops, at least when canon announce you know it'll be a couple of months before they are on the self, so giving you time to decide.

Also why is moving from a Canon xxD 1.6 Crop to a Canon xD 1.6 crop an major issue, all your Lenses will work including the EF-S range (huge plus for the 7D up-graders )
                            Last edited by Mark; 17-01-2010, 11:21.

Comment

Working...
                            X