WiFi problems with my new 6D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi problems with my new 6D

I am having a problem remote connecting my new 6D to the EOS Utility on my PC via the camera WiFi. The 6D goes as far as showing "EOS-CD40D4 paring in progress. Start pairing software on the computer, if it is not already running" But the WFT Pairing software shows no camera detected and nothing happens. No error message comes up. I've tried allowing /WTF Pairing through the Windows 8 firewall to no avail.

Has any else had this problem and come up with a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Andrew

Re: WiFi problems with my new 6D

Yes, I had the same problem with Windows XP, so I tried it with my Nexus 10 (Android Tablet) with the Canon Remote App (free) and now works like a dream. Hope you get to resolve the issue, best of luck.

Comment

I've not tried connecting to the computer, but can vouch for iPhone/iPad apps working. You've intrigued me now though, and must try pairing with my computer just to see whether it works!
      Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

The Canon wireless system in the 6D creates a WiFi hotspot, so connect your computer to the hotspot as if it was a wireless internet connection. That's the only thing I can think is wrong here.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
          The Canon wireless system in the 6D creates a WiFi hotspot, so connect your computer to the hotspot as if it was a wireless internet connection. That's the only thing I can think is wrong here.
          Thanks Paul I've sussed it out now. Its one of those things that's easy when you know how, and I didn't. Don't ask me to explain how I did it though.

Comment

Working...
          X