fed up with e/bay idjits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fed up with e/bay idjits

been looking out for a 7d body for a few days ,and trying to get one obviously at the right price but i don't want to rip anyone off in the process ,there was one local to me on e/bay and asked him what he would take for it cash and he didn't bother to get back to me and he then proceeded to let it run for less than i would have paid him grrrrrrr

so anyone got a 7d body for sale

Re: fed up with e/bay idjits

fed up with e/bay idjits
    Sellers are always getting messages like this, many rather see their item run which is why it is in "auction" as opposed to "but it now".
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

i fully appreciate that ,but for the sake of argument he was selling at £700 e/bay fees would have eaten at least £85 out of that leaving him with a profit of £625 i,offered to pay cash ,pick it up and pay more than that as it was under 20 miles away .and he couldn't be bothered .or as i suspect from the lack of photos was damaged but not declared in the ad
      another one i was watching last night went for more than retail value ,crazy world

Comment

Quite a few 7D's going for about £500 on this FB page. Fully moderated and protected by its members too. Good wee place

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

I have started using Fleabay less and less as it seems to be full of people that think because something is on there it will be cheap no matter what they pay or they get caught up in the whole bidding thing. I have stopped selling on there due to the extortionate selling fees. I prefer Gumtree or the facebook page that Paul has provided.
          1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
          Facebook
          www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
            Quite a few 7D's going for about £500 on this FB page. Fully moderated and protected by its members too. Good wee place

https://www.facebook.com/groups/seco...ocation=stream
            I'm friends with one of the moderators (we used to work together) and it's a good group, but I wouldn't say "protected", it's still caveat emptor....

Comment

I said protected because they are quite quick to spot any scammers. :)
              Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
              www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                there was one local to me on e/bay and asked him what he would take for it cash and he didn't bother to get back to me and he then proceeded to let it run for less than i would have paid him
                The only thing I would say is that sellers do risk being banned/expelled by eBay if they advertise something and then sell it via another route if the auction is still running, unless obviously it's a buy now or best offer listing.

Hope you find what you want though, happy hunting.
                Andy

Comment

Found one on Facebook waiting for contact details ,fairly close to

Comment

this is getting ludicrous ,still waiting for a reply of my acceptance to buy from the facebook one ,also had a contact on flickr offer me one yesterday morning ,right price etc ,no further replies .why do people advertise these things if they can't be bothered to reply in both cases i have sent my phone number to arrange the deal ,i have cash waiting ,just getting more and more wound up .grrrrrrrrr

and many thanks to paul for putting me onto the facebook group ,it looks good

ah the flickr one has just got back to me ,i'll give the other one a little longer .
                    Last edited by the black fox; 16-10-2013, 09:01.

Comment

Good Luck with the purchase
                      1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
                      Facebook
                      www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                        this is getting ludicrous ,still waiting for a reply of my acceptance to buy from the facebook one ,also had a contact on flickr offer me one yesterday morning ,right price etc ,no further replies .why do people advertise these things if they can't be bothered to reply in both cases i have sent my phone number to arrange the deal ,i have cash waiting ,just getting more and more wound up .grrrrrrrrr

and many thanks to paul for putting me onto the facebook group ,it looks good

ah the flickr one has just got back to me ,i'll give the other one a little longer .
                        If you are using FB's private messaging system and the person isn't on your friends list, all pm's go into the 'Other' folder. CLick on the message icon at the top of the page and then you'll see the 'Other' next to the messages link.

It's a pain.
                        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                        www.campsie.photography

Comment

ah so ,he has now got back to me as well ,promising to check when he's home ,hope he hurries the wife is getting jittery about lending me her share ,

Comment

You can get a brand-new 7D for £709.00 from Digitalrev. Never used them myself but am sure someone else will be able to advise.

Comment

many thanks again to paul ,deal now done picking it up on friday evening ,the seller has had the same experiences as me but in reverse .

Comment

Working...
                              X