Canon 40D over the 400D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canon 40D over the 400D

You could see what MPB are selling the 400D for and then punt it on Gumtree just shy of that price. That's how I sold my 600D so quick. Be prepared to give up the 18-55 with it for an attractive package for a newcomer to photography. It could bump the value up. Body only is attractive to folk who have lenses, but most new folk won't know the first thing about what to buy.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Guesty View Post
      Hi Paul,

Loads of similar points made already but I get shots taken on my old 350d that I am more than happy with. With all the things you can do in post processing the only real advantages are the larger images for larger prints and lower noise at high iso.!
      Yep I agree ..
      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Well I have agreed to buy a 40D off someone at my camera club. The camera body a few batteries an 8GB memory card and a lowepro backpack for £200 it had a service and a new shutter mechanism 18 months ago and has been his back up body since he bought his 7D about 10 months ago.
        1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
        Facebook
        www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

I dont think you can go wrong for that sort of money Paul.
          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Thats what I thought the body only on MPB Photgraphic is £220 and also I know this guy and he REALLY looks after his gear. Hopefully pick it up in the morning and I have a pass out tomorrow afternoon :-)

Flickr
            Facebook

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks I'm sure I will. I enjoy any chance I get to go out with the camera so tomorrow should be a lot of fun weather permitting.

Flickr
                Facebook

Comment

Enjoy your 40D, I've had mine getting on for 4 years and other than the occasional touch of gear envy I haven't really felt the need to replace it. Coupled with my 17-70 Sigma I get very good results.

I happily use mine up to ISO1600 although I do shoot raw so that gives a bit of leeway with noise control and as a former film user I don't expect ultrasmooth noiseless images at high sensitivity...
                  Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                    Enjoy your 40D, I've had mine getting on for 4 years and other than the occasional touch of gear envy I haven't really felt the need to replace it. Coupled with my 17-70 Sigma I get very good results.

I happily use mine up to ISO1600 although I do shoot raw so that gives a bit of leeway with noise control and as a former film user I don't expect ultrasmooth noiseless images at high sensitivity...
                    I enjoying it a lot. I am very pleased with the levels of the noise at high ISO. The focusing seems faster and more accurate aswell. I honestly can't see me upgrading the body again for a long time. The lenses however are a different story these will come in time.

Flickr
                    Facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X