Multiple exposures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple exposures?

Is there a multiple exposure function on the 7D or 50D? I'd like to play around with several exposures on the same frame, but can't find a method in the manuals.
    Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: Multiple exposures?

No apart from being able to set up 3 exposures with 0, + and - exposure compensation but that will give you 3 frames mainly useful for blending to HDR

I think it is only the latest cameras that will do what you want, eg i think you can with the 60D

Stan
    Last edited by Stan; 13-11-2013, 12:00.
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

On the 7D if you set 3 exposures via auto bracketing and you're handheld, sometimes firing it into high speed continuous will fire off the three shots you need and limit the amount of alignment needed later. It's quite effective. If I'm doing HDR work now though its on the tripod and I take about 5-6 exposures. I expose for the brightest part first then half the shutter speed for the next, then half it again and so on until I'm happy I have an overall dynamic range. Sometimes the three exposures represent far too big a gap in the range.
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

You can't do multiple exposures with the 60D. You have to look at newer models. I know the 5D Mk III does and maybe one or two of the most recent ones.
        So many things we used to be able to do or have with film cameras that we have lost.
        I'd love to see the fresnal screen/ split image focusing screens back which were brilliant for manual focusing.

Comment

Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
          You can't do multiple exposures with the 60D. You have to look at newer models. I know the 5D Mk III does and maybe one or two of the most recent ones.
          So many things we used to be able to do or have with film cameras that we have lost.
          I'd love to see the fresnal screen/ split image focusing screens back which were brilliant for manual focusing.
          You can buy split-prism focussing screens for some models, I looked into them for my 60D but they were way too expensive (>£100) and mucked about with he metering so I went for an engraved grid screen for around £20 instead!

Linky!
          Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

You can use DPP to make multiple exposures from individual images taken using the compositing tool in the tool menu - see link below

Regards John

Comment

Thanks, all, for the answers. I am looking for the ability to move or rotate the camera a bit with the same scene to give the impression of movement. I did think multi-exposure might have been possible in camera, but no, not in the bodies I have.

However, Mistral's suggestion of the compositing function in DPP seems to allow me to do this, particularly as you can alter the "strength" of each exposure. Thanks for that. It also allows you to play around overlaying one image on the background of another.

Cheers, Chris.
              Just chuggin' along.

Comment

The 6D does HDR but I've not got my head around it yet. You have tio switch off raw and shoot only in jpeg so I haven't worked out if I'm best doing that or just shooting many different raw files (like Paul described) and then use Nik's HDR Efex Pro to merge them. I Really must read up on it and give it a try.
                Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Could someone tell me if using multiple exposure can we change different setting for different exposure (say you have set it for 5 exposure)?
                  Raj
                  Raj
                  Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X