1DX Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1DX Warranty

Can anyone clarify the warranty on 1DX's ? Picked one up (SH) and its just died after four days. Not quite what I expected !

Re: 1DX Warranty

That doesn't sound good - one would have to suspect the seller knew somethings as awry

All UK goods have a 2 year manufacturers warranty (since 2009 or so), but I don't believe that's necessarily transferable to subsequent owners. Any idea when it was bought new? It may be worth contacting Canon as they tend to be very reasonable to their pro-customers and they may honour any outstanding warranty term. As far as I'm aware there's no comeback second hand unless you paid by PayPal, then you may have a claim.
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

If it was a dealer go back there and ask them to deal with the problem.
      del

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
        That doesn't sound good - one would have to suspect the seller knew somethings as awry
        Thanks for the replies. Spoke with the seller and the answer was have you tried a hard reset ?

Left the camera at home with the battery removed while out, had a look when back from the football, inserted the battery and the camera was back to normal. Only change over the last few days was charging the battery. Going to speak with Canon and see what they have to say. This episode has not inspired my confidence in the 1DX

Comment

Good luck with it PJH ...
          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

The 1DX is a great camera, I bought mine in Jan13 and had nothing but pleasure from it.

The quality of image from iso6400 is just stunning and up to iso800 it is as good as iso200 from the 1D4 - what a fabulous camera!

Sounds like you were just the unlucky one - hope it is all sorted out
            ef-r

Comment

Working...
            X