Swap 40D for 1D3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap 40D for 1D3?

I am thinking of swapping my 40D for a 1D3. Would like a 1D4, but can't afford/justify the cost. Main reason is better AF and f8 AF, also curious about using a larger sensor.

Any thoughts?

William
    40D, 70D. 400 5.6, 70-200 2.8IS, 17-50 2.8, 150 2.8 Macro, EOS-M3

Re: Swap 40D for 1D3?

I tried to swap my 7D for a 1D3 for a wee while and there was no takers.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Not trying to do a swap of cameras, thinking of trading in my 40D for a 1D3

William
      40D, 70D. 400 5.6, 70-200 2.8IS, 17-50 2.8, 150 2.8 Macro, EOS-M3

Comment

Ahhhh I was wrong to assume :)

I'd do that swap in a heart beat if I was you. I'd still swap my 7D for one if the offer came up today. Lots said that the 1D mkIV was the one to get. I tend to agree, but for pure luxury, AF, build quality and battery life, the 1D MKIII is a hard one to let slip if you can get it. Plus, if you're already happy with the 10mp files then the speedier operation of the 1D3 would be advantageous.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
          I am thinking of swapping my 40D for a 1D3. Would like a 1D4, but can't afford/justify the cost. Main reason is better AF and f8 AF, also curious about using a larger sensor.

Any thoughts?

William
          Hi William,

I have a 1D mkIII and am unfortunately going to have to sell it (due to illness), it has only ever had amature use (and not much of that!) I have owned it from new have all boxes leads etc plus the canon hand grip strap second battery and magic lantern book, I wasn't going to advertise it (plus other canon kit) until after xmas but I notice you live in Dorset as do I (Dorchester) if you are interested let me know canon.man@outlook.com (I know this isn't the "for sale" section" appologies!) the focusing on it is awesome I went from 20D to this and it was mind blowing, you do have to really read the manual/magic lantern book to set up the focusing it takes a bit of getting used to but if you put in the time initially it is worth it, I have A3+ cropped prints of motor racing (in jpeg) with minimum processing and the quality is stunning (obviously L lens's help!)

Regards

Gary

Comment

Having just borrowed a 1dmkiii for a couple of weeks ,I will also be looking for a deal /swap on my 7d ,probably sort it after Xmas unless I get a bite your arm off offer ,any takers

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
              Having just borrowed a 1dmkiii for a couple of weeks ,I will also be looking for a deal /swap on my 7d ,probably sort it after Xmas unless I get a bite your arm off offer ,any takers
              Hi,

I'm looking to sell rather than swap/px and am happy to talk about it either before or after xmas, I'll have a look around and see what they are going for ebay etc, I would prefer collection as you can see exactly what it is like and try it but I will post if you are too far away, my email is in the previous post and if you are interested you could always phone me (email me and I'll give you my home and mobile no's) I have lens's for sale as well. again I haven't got around to putting them on the "for sale" section yet.

Regards

Gary

Comment

Working...
              X