Canon SL1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon SL1

Does anyone own one? If yes, what is your opinion of the camera?

Tom

Re: Canon SL1

So based on the response I'm assuming no-one has bought a SL1 yet. Well a local camera shop was selling the body only for $439, with a gift certificate I got for Christmas and some cash I stashed away, I couldn't let this deal slip away. So I bought the body. Haven't had the time to do a detailed review of it yet, but her are a couple of images from the camera

SL1 w/EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L

1/25 sec @ f/5.6
    ISO 400
    Focal Length 112mm

1/20 sec @ f/5.6
    ISO 400
    Focal Length 70mm

Tom

Comment

Looks like a good buy Tom, I hope you enjoy your SL1 as much as your M
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Nice images.
        Andy

Comment

Confused me slightly Tom, as it's called a 100D this side of the water, Rebel SL1 on your side. It seems to have a lot going for it being small and light. I suspect that Nathaniel is currently going through a conscious crises, of whether to blow his Christmas money on one.

In answer to your question, I don't have one. It is a well known fact on this Forum that I only ever get socks for presents, though I did buy myself a little zoom lens a few weeks ago.
          Colin

Comment

I was really tempted by the 100D as it is called here when went to Belfast in September (I'm assuming the SL1 is the same as the 100D)
            Neat wee package
            Had I not bought a Lumix G5 earlier in the year before the 100D hit the shelves then I probably would have went for it.
            A mate of mine recently bought one so I'll give it a try when we meet up in the New Year.

Incidentally, my family all chipped in and bought me an EOS M for Christmas
            Since the Firmware update AF appears to be a wee bit faster than before.
            I now have a dilemna - do I hurt their feelings and take it back to get it replaced for something else or do I sell my Lumix GX1 which I feel is better to handle and produces great images
            Something tells me that I had better keep the EOS M as they put a lot of money and effort into choosing it for me and I don't want to appear ungrateful

Merry Christmas

Mike
            www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Something tells me that I had better keep the EOS M
              Or, you could swap it for socks ............. for which I have an inexhaustible supply!
              Colin

Comment

A slight correction here! I have thought of the 100D as a second camera body (always had 2 camera bodies) but it is a bit too small for my hands- fancy me saying this!!!!!! esp as I like to use a crop camera for wild life pics-with my long lens now reduced to 70-200 + 1.4 TC. I know I will make the right choice/decision,as I have always done after reading everything that members say about camera bodies, lenses,to flashes etc etc. I love to take in the "hands on experience" of other Canon members on the forum before I make my final decisions. A most valuable source of information.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                  Or, you could swap it for socks ............. for which I have an inexhaustible supply!
                  This is tempting as nearly all my socks have holes in them thanks to a certain Springer pup

Mike
                  www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Very nice Tom. Is this the camera for your 2014 challenge?

Wondering how many hints I would have to drop to get a EOS M or 100D appear under the tree.
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
                      Very nice Tom. Is this the camera for your 2014 challenge?

Wondering how many hints I would have to drop to get a EOS M or 100D appear under the tree.
                      Yep, this is the one I'll be using in 2014 along with the M. It also puts the 5DMKII into play as well

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                        Does anyone own one? If yes, what is your opinion of the camera?

Tom
                        My wife uses one and love it to bits. Small and light and some nice feature built into the software - HDR for example.
                        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Working...
                        X