Ponderings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ponderings.

Been looking at cameras and thinking. To be honest I've been thinking and pondering, choosing then going back and having another look at my choices for a while now.

Question. If I bought a 70D - would I be able to put an extender on it with a 70-200 F4? I've read that much now, that I'm in danger of my brain leaking through my ears. But I do think that I've made a decision.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Ponderings.

Question. If I bought a 70D - would I be able to put an extender on it with a 70-200 F4?
    Yes.

A 1.4x will still autofocus, but the 2x will only be manual focus.
    Colin

Comment

Thank you very much for the swift answer Colin.

Barring little wobbles I think my mind is made up... I just now need to get on with the job of looking at prices. I hate shopping so will probably wait till the madness settles and then take my self off to the shops.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

I am sure you already do this but just in case.... I always look up prices via Ebay before I head to town!
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi Di. You might find Camera Pricebuster useful.
          Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Been pondering 70D or 6D for ages and still not decided.

Anyway happened to be checking 70D body only this morning on HDEW and price there was £729 which is quite tempting.
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

£646.95 on Panamoz if you buy by bank transfer. Nat reckons them as a supplier.
              Russell
              Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Certainly, I like Panamoz and I know that other members too have had good experiences with them. Their bank account is UK based. they also provide full tracking info and you know exactly when you will receive your item.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                  Certainly, I like Panamoz and I know that other members too have had good experiences with them. Their bank account is UK based. they also provide full tracking info and you know exactly when you will receive your item.

Yep thats all true ... so apart from the price..(it can always be cheaper) whats not to like.
                  [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

I've been looking and thinking, looking and thinking.

I rather like HDEW's three years warranty, I've been looking at some sites offers and while the "price is right" the postage and extra for extended warranty makes the deal go a little sour.

Keeping looking.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

You need to be aware that you can get "hit" for VAT on overseas purchases whereas at least with HDEW you are paying a "bricks & mortar" seller as they also have a shop which you can visit if it is near to you.
                      There is also Ian Kerso (Flash Camera) whose sales operation is based in Scotland (Ian is in the US) and you will receive a UK Invoice for your purchase.
                      Both are reputable sellers.
                      David

Comment

Panamoz is free post as well- any admin or charges are refunded by them immediately. I also have got a 3 year warranty on my camera (6D).

Nat

Comment

Working...
                        X