Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just picked up a 50D Xmas present to myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up a 50D Xmas present to myself!

I've been considering my options to lately to change some of my gear to have a decent quality digital kit which I can use for the odd photo jobs I pick up. I posted in other threads about some 'bargain' older FF bodies I'd seen, but I also just plumped for a Sigma 17-50 f2.8 crop lens for my 20/30D's.

Anyway I saw a s/h 50D yesterday for a bargain price and snapped it up. I'll probably use the 30D as back up and sell the 20D because it's not really going to get any use now. So I'm 'committed' to the crop system for now.

I'm looking forward to trying the 50D out - any users have any specific advice for me on this model?

Re: Just picked up a 50D Xmas present to myself!

You'll have fun with that, light years ahead of your 30D. Happy new present.
    Colin

Comment

Look at the 50D manual to get an understanding of what the sections cover, only read the sections that you feel will be helpful, get hold of the Charlotte Lowrie 50D Digital Field Guide (Amazon). I found the Digital Field Guide invaluable when I got my 50D as it "explains" in simple English how to get the best out of the 50D. Once again just read the sections that are going to get you started and as you get used to the 50D start looking at the more "advanced" sections.

It is a great camera and you will have fun with it. I went from a 350D to the 50D and now onto the 7D.
      David

Comment

Have lots of fun with it Quinny ..
        [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Working...
        X