Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15,000 Stills on a 400d to create a video

Hi all,

I've just completed a project whereby we shot over 15,000 stills on a Canon EOS 400D in order to create a music video... you can check out the results here: http://www.vimeo.com/9459452

Brian

Re: 15,000 Stills on a 400d to create a video

Amazing
    ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
      Amazing
      Agreed... but it does beg the question... WHY?
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
        Agreed... but it does beg the question... WHY?
        Any bets on the answer being along the lines of 'because we could'
        ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
          Any bets on the answer being along the lines of 'because we could'
          Ha ha, true to a point... :) there was a couple of factors really... we liked the feel the effect gave, and felt it suited the music... also it was nice to be able to get a quality of image and depth of field that would not have been possible without spending money on high end video cameras... so that's the essence of it really, we had the time but very little money...

also it was handy to have lightweight gear as the location was over an hours walk from the road...

Comment

Originally posted by brianewan View Post
            Ha ha, true to a point... :) there was a couple of factors really... we liked the feel the effect gave, and felt it suited the music... also it was nice to be able to get a quality of image and depth of field that would not have been possible without spending money on high end video cameras... so that's the essence of it really, we had the time but very little money...

also it was handy to have lightweight gear as the location was over an hours walk from the road...
            As a matter of interest; just how long did it take you to put it all together, and what software did you use to 'stitch' the images into a video?
            I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
            Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I think the end result works very well.

10 Mp camera = 70 images per Gb ?

15000 images = approx 214 Gb. Did you have lots of CF cards or did you take a laptop or somthing to hold all the pictures ?

Millie

Comment

We shot at a lower res of 1936 x 1288 which worked out at about 2mb per image so we got a lot more pics on each card... It was shot over 3 days and we used Final Cut Pro to put it all together.

Comment

Very impressive

jhdee
                  jhdee

Comment

That is way cool. Well done :)
                    All the best
                    Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Fabulous work, Brian, thanks for sharing

Nigel
                      My Flickr photostream

Comment

That's amazing. It's weird, imaginative, disturbing and enthralling. It's like real life stop-animation. I don't think I've seen anything quite like it. Brilliant work.
                        Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Congratulations! Well done. Shows what can be done with a purely stills camera.
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Super, well done
                            EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Absolutely brilliant!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X