canon 7d hard reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canon 7d hard reset

as some of you know i have been struggling with my 7d since i got it ,sometimes its been turning out good stuff at other times the images were soft or looked like back focusing issues one day and front focussing the next ,over christmas i sat down and started looking through u-tube for settings for wildlife for the camera in case it was user error ,when i came across one where the owner was describing exactly the same issues as i was having .
    i sat down and watched the video and although he dragged it out for 10 minutes or more its basically explaining that the camera functions in exactly the same way as a computer and can get overloaded with info .the cure is simple and effective ,you take out the main battery and also the little back up battery inside the compartment door ,let the camera stand for a hour then re-insert both batteries and switch on again ,in my case all i had to do was set the date info etc and taken it out for a test run today its a different camera with every shot coming out properly exposed and sharp within the bounds of my own usage .

if your having similar problems worth a go it won't hurt anything .

Re: canon 7d hard reset

Very logical and hopefully your persistence has been rewarded.
    Colin

Comment

Re: canon 7d hard reset

That's good to know. I use Fo-Cal to calibrate my lenses and within that software you can save a file representing all the camera settings which you can use later to restore from so this could come in handy after doing a hard reset like that.
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Working...
      X