EOS M Wrist strap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS M Wrist strap?

Having just acquired an EOS M with standard zoom, and now bought a 22mm lens to go with it, I am looking at general handling issues.
    Generally I prefer a wrist strap for security rather than the usual neck strap, although I do use Optech straps on my heavier DSLRs.
    The M has a peculiar 'button' type attachment for a strap, and I have yet to find a wrist strap with compatible attachment arrangements. Has anyone on here found such a wrist strap please?
    Quentin

Re: EOS M Wrist strap?

The only one I've found is the Canon ER-E1 official accessory, which looks nice but isn't that great in use and is quite dear - although easier perhaps to find now than it was a year ago. I would be very interested if you can find something that works better - I was going to fit another strap to the mounting point, but the strap widths are all too wide.
    Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

I also have a LUMIX GX1 and use the "body jacket" attached to it.
      The GX1 has a lot better grip than the M and the jacket improves it even more.
      I noticed that there is one for the M and wondered if this would improve handling but ....

There is no tripod mount on the fixing screw.
      The case needs to be removed to remove the battery or SD Card (to be fair the Lumix is the same. An overlooked design fault I think)
      A bit pricey - £41

Back to the drawing board then

Mike
      www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Just realised that the M doesn't take a wired release
        Just ordered an RC 6 off ebay for a fiver

Mike

Comment

There is an ER case for the M that incorporates a hand-grip - Click to link
          Bob Turner
          Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Cheers Bob

Mike

Comment

Tracked down a suitable connector for the attachment lug now - it's the Optech Super Pro A System Connectors. They come with attachments for normal Optech straps, which can be used as a very short neckstrap or carrying handle itself - or the strap bit removed, and an alternative wrist strap fitted.
              Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

Doh....! I had just ordered the Canon wrist strap (£19.49 at WEX)! However, thanks for the heads up for the Optech, and I have also ordered a pair, just in case! (£6.29 post free, eBay). I am sure they will come in handy.
                Quentin

Comment

Working...
                X