Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do we need 24mp cameras

tree'd FULL IMAGE by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

lots of debate on here since xmas re-cameras etc and the question was put to me today is 10mp enough ,well heres one i took on sat 2nd time out with the camera cormorant across a lake atop a tree .full frame image at 10.1 mp uncropped
    Last edited by the black fox; 14-01-2014, 14:27.

Re: do we need 24mp cameras

tree'd cropped image by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

this is a cropped down version of the above pic ,its only posted as an example but shows that even cropped down to just above 1mp it still retains plenty of detail in the bird and does show that perhaps we are being pushed to far to fast with respect to chasing pixels at the expense of quality,i can if needed crop as low as 0.5 of a mp and still retain an acceptable image ,no wonder these cameras were the choice of pro's .anyone wanna buy me a 1dx for my birthday
    Last edited by the black fox; 14-01-2014, 14:35.

Comment

That's a fair crop indeed. That's the sort of cropping I'd be doing on the 7D. Good to know it's still good for crops.
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

tree'd 0.4mp crop by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

there ya go a 0.4 mp crop from the original image .

Comment

I mean of course there's evidence there of the file falling apart in the dark areas, however, say you caught that and that was the first sighting of that bird for 20 years for talking sake. You'd be happy with it. There's enough detail there for an identification at least.

You do have a few wee dust spots on your sensor though lol
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

well spotted hawk eye ,luckily i got a sensor cleaning kit with mine ,i'll di it if it bothers me

Comment

Nice one Jeff ... and thanks for the info earlier ... that goes for you too Paul. Cheers.
              [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

As I said this is not a display of what should be done ,but rather of what can be done if you choose,but it also shows how far superior the sensor is compared to the 7d ,i.e could you crop a 7d shot to 1mp and retain this level of clarity and noise ,I know I couldn't on mine nor do I think Paul could

Comment

Working...
                X