7D MKII leaked specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7D MKII leaked specs?

Not sure how long this is going to stay up for however it seems there's been a leak of some kind. Not sure hwo accurate it is but it's interesting to say the least.

A small summary of the detail here in case it does get brought down. Says it's getting announced March 2013?

7D MKII
    24 MP sensor
    ISO 25,600
    1.6x Crop
    10fps
    61 AF points

A very interesting leak I think, and not far off what people might be expecting from this. I started to wonder why people were getting rid of their 7D's so quickly yesterday on various forums.

Looks like a cracker indeed. Would make me think twice anyway.

I've attached some screen shots incase it gets taken down.

7d1.JPG
    7d2.JPG
    7d3.JPG

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: 7D MKII leaked specs?

Sounds nice. I did wonder what more they could do to the 7D and where they could price it without it becoming effectively another one of the pro range. Brings me back to the question... 5DIII or 7DII - which would perform best for wildlife? Any thoughts?
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

That will be on my shopping list, provided its not launched at a silly price. Particularly like the extra focus points

stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
        Says it's getting announced March 2013?
        ... but Paul - it is now 2014 ... and the page also carries a copyright notice of 2013 - so is this an old prediction that did not come true?

David

Comment

Upgraded to the 5Dmk3 in August and really pleased with it, if this 7D is true and has the same autofocus I might wish I had waited

Alan

Comment

Only thing I can derive from this is that it's a crop version of the 5D MKIII. It shares a lot of what the 5DIII is and steals the 10FPS from 1D series. It's going to be £2000 right away for sure, then dropping to £1700-1800.

I have to be honest. I felt 18MP on a 1.6 crop was too much at times. I just wonder if Canon have bowed to pressure from Nikon by just going with the increase for the sake of it. Cramming all those pixels into another 1.6 sensor seems overkill after seeing the results from the 18mp sensor over the years. No mention of whether it'll have the dual pixel sensor technology of the 70D. They may indeed keep that for the 70D only for video buffs. I don't know.

Certainly and exciting time indeed. I Still think though it won't take away anything from the original 7D, and is more of a teaser for those who haven't made the jump to a 1DX for financial reasons.
            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
            www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by CountDavid View Post
              ... but Paul - it is now 2014 ... and the page also carries a copyright notice of 2013 - so is this an old prediction that did not come true?

David
              Lots have mentioned that elsewhere too, however, I'll need to plead head scratching on that one. No idea why it would say that.
              Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
              www.campsie.photography

Comment

Think that spec won't be far wrong,
                Canon have had so long to work on this model it should be next gen just like the first 7D.
                Just wish they'd get the dam thing out, its being so long in coming i hope its not an anticlimax.
                Paul
                EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

nothing on canon rumours yet as stated thats a old post ,i would have thought it would be announced pre the winter olympics or the cp show .weirdly enough i feel the same way these days about crowded sensors and to much tech that you don't need or use .
                  yet the 18mp on the 60d works fine ,and the 70d is also a cracker i/q wise ,but its all down to confidence in what your holding i suppose

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
                    Think that spec won't be far wrong,
                    Canon have had so long to work on this model it should be next gen just like the first 7D.
                    Just wish they'd get the dam thing out, its being so long in coming i hope its not an anticlimax.
                    Paul
                    i waited a long time for a nikon d400 to appear ,still waiting ,i then decided to go for a nikon d7100 instead ,bad bad choice 2 bodies in two months having mental breakdowns on the menu systems after 3000 shots was the final straw ,don't always wish for what you want as sometimes it isn't what you wanted at all

Comment

Interesting rumour Paul, I note that in the spec they say no on board flash but the image shows a hot shoe!. Time will tell of course, I may well sell my 50D whilst it's still worth a copper or two, just in case the 7Dmk2 becomes a reality
                      Peter

Feel free to browse my
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

The 200-400 f/4 1.4xTC was used by canon pros during the 2012 Olympics. It's not unreasonable to assume that the same folk would be trialling a new 7D. It going to need to be pretty special for those people to put down a 1DX to trial a 7DMKII lol.
                        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
                          Only thing I can derive from this is that it's a crop version of the 5D MKIII. It shares a lot of what the 5DIII is and steals the 10FPS from 1D series. It's going to be £2000 right away for sure, then dropping to £1700-1800.

I have to be honest. I felt 18MP on a 1.6 crop was too much at times. I just wonder if Canon have bowed to pressure from Nikon by just going with the increase for the sake of it. Cramming all those pixels into another 1.6 sensor seems overkill after seeing the results from the 18mp sensor over the years. No mention of whether it'll have the dual pixel sensor technology of the 70D. They may indeed keep that for the 70D only for video buffs. I don't know.

Certainly and exciting time indeed. I Still think though it won't take away anything from the original 7D, and is more of a teaser for those who haven't made the jump to a 1DX for financial reasons.
                          Adding more and more pixels seems to be an obsession with manufactures and its one that companies like Panasonic have had issues with on their compact/bridge cameras for instance.

I've got an ancient Canon S10 compact that's all of 2.1mp and unless the images are cropped heavily the results are quite useable. Due to its metal body this is camera I take when skiing. Its quite noticeable where some of the handling improvements have been made, the LCD screen on the S10 is very small and the shutter response is so slow you feel you could press it and still have time to dash round the front to get in the shot!
                          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

they say no on board flash but the image shows a hot shoe
                            The 5D III and the 6D both have a hotshoe. There needs to be somewhere to attach the trigger or external flash. But there is no pop-up flash.
                            Russell
                            Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

apparently the website is an unreliable source: and it does say "Announced March 2013", hmmmm?
                              Bob Turner
                              Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X