Spots on the imagel 700D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spots on the imagel 700D

Got a new 700D with 18-55, a couple of lens on the way.
    I noticed that when closing the iris to 22 appeared a spot so I did a trial shooting white paper with a led light at 5.6, 8, 11, 16 & 22. Two black spots start to appear on f:11 and are more defined at 16 and 22. Left side, one up and the other down.
    Since I do not have a better lens to check I can not rule out the lens, my worry is the cmos. I am aware the lens is not an "L" grade...
    On video on a pro camcorder, on blue skies I need to drop the usual f:5.6 to 2.8 on wide angle to get any spot out of focus, especially if I add an ultra wide front attachment.
    Opinions...most likely lens or cmos?
    The only trial I can do is when my 10-22 arrives..putting both lenses at 22mm.
    Thanks

Re: Spots on the imagel 700D

That'll probably be dust on the sensor. The quickest/simplest/safest answer is to buy a Giottos Rocket Air and blow it away, while keeping the tip of the blower outside of the mirror position, so it if closes unexpectedly it doesn't catch the blower. Best way to be sure is shoot a clear blue sky at f22 (err, traveling to a suitable country first I guess ;-)

Canon would probably clean it for free (they used to do one free cleaning per camera IIRC).

Comment

Working...
    X