Why Scott Kelby switched to Canon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Scott Kelby switched to Canon

In case it's of any interest, and apologies if I've missed it here.

Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Re: Why Scott Kelby switched to Canon

Thanks for posting this I enjoyed watching it and Scott's honesty on why he changed horses
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Very good!
      Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
      http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
      https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

I wonder if I smile nicely at the people at canon they'll send me a 1dx.

I'll not hold me breath lol.

Enjoyed watching that thanks.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Many thanks for the link.

I have always enjoyed anything Scott Kelby, even though he was from the Dark Side. Like him even more now.
          Colin

Comment

Great video, Cheers for that. It's the second time in a week that I've heard people say that the ergonomics on a 1d just work! Go Canon
            Garry Macdonald on Flickr
            Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

I enjoyed watching it too.
              [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Good video

Tom

Comment

Interesting video.
                  Andy

Comment

Nice
                    Canon 5DMKII | Canon 550D | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 35 f/2 IS USM | EF 85 f/1.8 USM | Speedlite 430EX II | 2x Yongnuo YN-622C | MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7 | Lightroom 5 | Hama Traveller Mini Pro Tripod | Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400W | Flickr | 500px | Website

Comment

Glad it's been of interest.
                      Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

I think you will find although the D1X is a great piece of equipment the number one reason Scott Kelby switched to Canon was money. The second reason was money and the third reason was money. They do not take prisoners in this business it's all about ackers and sponsorship deals. I like him, he writes some decent stuff but lets not kid ourselves. Cheers

Comment

I got a feel of the 1DX at the Canon Expo in November last year. unbelievable beast!
                          regards
                          Donald

Comment

Originally posted by Treff View Post
                            I think you will find although the D1X is a great piece of equipment the number one reason Scott Kelby switched to Canon was money. The second reason was money and the third reason was money. They do not take prisoners in this business it's all about ackers and sponsorship deals. I like him, he writes some decent stuff but lets not kid ourselves. Cheers
                            I reckon that sums it up nicely.

I really don't do all this Canon is better than Nikon business, and visa-versa. The sort of 'brand snobbery' that can be found in some camera clubs, I am led to believe. Thankfully not the one that I am a member of.

I have been a 'Canon man', from when I got my first decent 35mm camera (Canonette 'S' f/1.7), back in the early 60's. A huge jump from the Halina 35X that I had prior to this.

Because the image quality of the Canonette impressed me, I stayed with Canon, when moving to an SLR, and an AE1 Programme, which served me well for many years.

I was psychologically locked into Canon I guess.

So, when the time came to move into digital, staying with Canon seemed the natural route for me. Not because Canon was a better option than Nikon, but just that I felt comfortable with the Canon, having spent so many years happily using the brand.

Once having got into the world of the DSLR (300D, 30D, 7D, and now 5D Mklll), and started spending money on suitable lenses (now mainly 'L' series), plus Speedlites etc, I was now really locked into Canon. A move to Nikon, or any other brand come to that, would be financial stupidity.

Had I, with that first purchase of a decent 35mm camera, chosen Nikon, I would have almost certainly still be using Nikon today, having followed the same route as I did with Canon.

Both Canon and Nikon make excellent cameras and pro grade lenses, and each has its own particular merits, with each perhaps having the edge with respect to a particular attribute, but IMO, both brands are very much 'six of one, and a half dozen of the other'.

As has been said earlier in this 'thread', if we were able, we would probably being using a mix on Canon lenses on Nikon bodies, and visa-versa.

Dave
                            Last edited by Dave_S; 21-01-2014, 16:45.
                            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Treff View Post
                              And is also, I think, the reason Andy Rouse went the other way....

Interesting video, all the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X