Battery grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery grip

Is there any chance someone can do me a big favour please, I need someone with a 70D or very similar size camera who has a battery grip to measure the depth of the two attached to each other, a few weeks ago I won a lowepro pro runner 350 off ebay for a really good price, rather than buying just another battery I thought a grip would be a better option if the pro runner is deep enough, any help would be much appreciated.

Sean.

Re: Battery grip

Sean
    Add 8.6cm to the body size and that should give you the dimension so that you can measure the bag innards for compatibility. Here's a link that shows all the dimensions of a 70D grip LINK
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Sean
      I have measured my 5Dmk3 with grip and from the bottom of the grip to the top of the hot shoe is 6.5 in (17cm) not familiar with 70D so not sure if this will help

Alan

Comment

Nice one fellas, I'm not going to buy the Canon grip as I can't afford it, I've seen one on amazon with a glowing review and at a snip over £30 its too good to pass up, but before i get too excited ill do the measurements first, thanks again.

Sean.

Comment

Oh blast, I've just done the measurements and my 70D won't fit into my bag with the grip attached, so I've bought another battery instead, thanks for your help though fellas, much appreciated.

Sean.
          Last edited by SheffSean; 29-07-2014, 15:30.

Comment

I've a Lowepro Slingback 350 and my 60D with grip fits no problem. The Meike grips are pretty good had the one on my 60D almost since I got it. Works great and build quality is very good, cost about £30.

P. S. Just noticed you said pro runner 350 sorry.
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I was going to buy either one of those grips or the mcoplus grip, the pro runner was a bit of an impulse buy but in my own defence I didn't know the depth of it and there was no time to research it as the auction had only a minute until it ended, oh well I've bought another battery so I should be ok.

Sean.

Comment

Well I bought a Meike battery grip and it fits in my pro runner 350 aw, in fact it fits even with a big Manfrotto plate attached to the grip.

Sean.

Comment

How is the Meike grip on the 70d? My pal is in the market for one so feedback would be interesting
                  Paul

Comment

The Mieke grip on my 60D still going strong and I was so impressed took chance and got one for my 5D3 before I took plunge and got the Canon one. So far got to say it's working fine and can't see reason to get OEM one.
                    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I used to use a battery grip with my 7D but when my bag fell apart I got a pro runner 300 AW and found it wasn't deep enough with the grip fitted - don't know if the 350 is deeper or not

Stan
                      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                      flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X