Full-Frame Vs Cropped Sensors - Good Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full-Frame Vs Cropped Sensors - Good Video

Watched this YouTube vid after hearing about it on TWIP. Well worth a look IMO and very entertaining

Let's get a few things out of the way ::I have said, in the past, that you should move toward full frame sensors. I have always championed full frame sensors...
    1Ds II, 1D IIN, 1D II, 5D, 1V HS, 3, 14L II, 16-35L II, 24-70L, 35 f/2, 40 STM, 50L, 85L II, 100L Macro, 135L, 70-200L f/2.8 IS, 70-300​DO, 300L f/4, 1.4x II, 2x II, 580EX II, 430EX II, 270EX, MR-14EX

Re: Full-Frame Vs Cropped Sensors - Good Video

Good find, very entertaining...

I definitely qualify as 'the moron behind the camera'

It's true what he says; technology marches on... everything (well most everything) on the imaging front is getting better and better as each generation comes to pass... but there's still that niggle that says a FF sensor 'must' be better than a APS-C sensor; given like for like technology, which is a tough call admittedly...
    Cheers;
    Lee
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
    5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
    17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Re: Full-Frame Vs Cropped Sensors - Good Video

Bigger sensors are always theoretically better (at similar technology levels), as most of the noise in the image comes in with the light so the more of it you catch the less noise. Of course there is always a point where you don't care any more, but that does vary a bit with what you are using the picture for, so can change minute to minute (facebook pic, poster pic, pic needing big crop, 6x4 print, etc.)... Plus there is size and weight, having great kit is little use if you left it at home as it was too heavy...

Comment

Working...
      X