The decision has been made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The decision has been made

New to digital it looks like the 1000D will do everything I need, and probably a whole lot more.

Fingers crossed I get the hang of this digital malarkey......................
    Struggling with technology.......................

Re: The decision has been made

Good luck with the new camera Kevin. You'll get there. Like everything else worthwhile, it takes a bit of discipline and dedication. Oh, and time of course!

There are some here with really good experience should you hit any snags.
    The Image Plane
    Snapshots of Anything

Comment

Aye, Good luck Kevin. What lenses are you using?
      Bob Turner
      Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

The EF lenses I had for my old film bodies are:
        Canon 35-105
        Sigma 28-70
        Sigma 70-210 (2 of them cos they came as part of the package when I bought the 650 and the 100)
        Sigma 70-300

I understand that you have to factor them up by 1.6 because of the image sensor size. Is this right?
        The 1000d comes with the 18-55 lens.
        I also have a speedlite Ez430 which apparently won't work with the 1000dbut I'm sure can be put to work as a remote fired fill in somehow.

So with a spread like that there is no excuse for being caught with the wrong lens.

If I take to it as I hope, I will start to trade up to the image stabilized lenses available now, but for now I'll play with what I have (!), and see what happens. I think the thing that's worrying me most is the computer side of it. I hate computers........

Comment

The Canon 1000d was a best buy in the Consumer Which? review aboiut a year ago. I can give the exact date if Kevin wants. Your lenses cover most of the situations. You many however wish to consider a wide angle of say 20mm, perhaps when you sell the extra 70-210 lens.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I think the 18-55 covers the low end
            ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
              I think the 18-55 covers the low end
              Kevin didn't state that he had the 18-55mm lens; only from 35mm-105mm etc etc.

Sorry, Brian. Yes, he has got the 18mm-55mm. So he is well covered
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Got the camera, just checked out the lenses. All of the Sigma lenses return an 001 error message, clean the lens contacts. Cleaned 'em! Zip!

Bummer, so now I have the 18-55 EF-s and the 35-105 EF to keep me going.

Still, it's giving the wife some ideas for Christmas and birthdays and it's a good excuse to learn the limitations of both lenses, and mess around in in DPP.

Comment

Just a thought Kevin

Many Sigma lenses can be re-chipped to work on later cameras and sometimes they have done this free of charge. Not wishing to get your hopes up, but it may be worth a call to see what the cost would be.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Working...
                  X