Need help finding 500D/T1i previous firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help finding 500D/T1i previous firmware

I just recently updated my 500d to the latest firmware 1.1.0 and since then, ive lost shutter function in live view mode from my wireless rc-remote controlled camremote! I cannot find the old firmware anywhere to revert back.. if that's even possible!

does anybody even remember the previous firmware version numbers? it may help me to track it down!

Re: Need help finding 500D/T1i previous firmware

The previous firmware number is 1.0.9. You should try reinstalling the current version of the firmware - it's possible that your malfunction was caused by a corrupted file. You can download version 1.1.0 again from the Canon website below. I don't know of anywhere you can download version 1.0.9 - you would have to contact Canon regarding that. Good luck.

Andrew
    www.eos-magazine.com

Comment

Re: Need help finding 500D/T1i previous firmware

Just a few thoughts on the subject of firmware.

There were quite a few upgrades to the 1d MKIII, primarily to the focussing and tracking functions. Some of them were an improvement for what I shoot and some were not. So, rather than be stuck with an "upgrade" that didn't work for me, I copied the current firmware to a CF card before loading the new firmware. If it worked well that was fine, if I didn't like it after a good tryout, I reloaded the old firmware.

If you have a copy of the old firmware saved, you have the best of both worlds.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Working...
      X