Next camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next camera

I`ve finally decided to upgrade my camera and am torn between the Canon 6d or 7d , my problem will be budget i can probably get enough together in the new year for either a new 7d or second hand 6d , my photography is a mixture of portrait , landscape and macro so i`d be interested in some opinions please,many thanks Harvey

Re: Next camera

I thought about this too recently. The 7D is great, but it's quite old now (hence the release of the 7D mkii) I've just ordered a 6D to replace my 600D and I'm very excited. I do a lot of indoor stuff without flash so I wanted the extra low light sensitivity. If you're not photographing action like sports the 7D might have a lot of features that won't benefit you. Have you considered the 70D that's a good choice too and a lot newer tech than the 7D.
    Using Tapatalk

Comment

In my opinion, the 7D would not be the best choice for what you want to do, not that it's a bad camera just that of the two options, for what you want to do, the 6D looks to be a better choice. In some respects you're comparing chalk and cheese - the 7D is a sport/wildlife oriented camera where the 6D, IMHO, is more general purpose.

For example, the 7D has very capable AF and a high frame rate vs the slow frame rate and more limited AF of the 6D (that last will cause howls of anguish...) but you don't need the 7D's capabilities for portrait or landscape shooting. On the other hand, the 6D has a full frame sensor where the 7D is a crop sensor which gives the 6D the advantage in terms of image quality and high ISO performance both of which you'd need for portrait and image quality for landscapes.

I can't really comment on macro as that's not an area I do much work in but again, IQ would be paramount so the 6D may be the better choice.
      EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

yep i agree the 6D seems to be the better option ,it really depends as well as to what lenses you already own .if they are EF-S or sigma ,tamron equivelents then the 70D is the best bet if you own EF lenses then the 6D is better .

with either i would check the prices on H-DEW first and save a packet of money

Comment

Yers, I'd not considered the lens position Jeff.

If the OP has to replace all his/her lenses to go with 6D, as you say a 70D would be a better option than either.
          EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Len wise i have a 70-300 is usm F4-5.6 ,nifty fifty, sigma 105mm F2.8

Comment

From here - http://www.photozone.de/reviews/200-...report--review - the 70-300 seems to be EF not FE-S and here - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...2_8_EX_DG.html - the Sigma looks to be EF as well.

Comment

Originally posted by glider64 View Post
                Len wise i have a 70-300 is usm F4-5.6 ,nifty fifty, sigma 105mm F2.8
                All of these are compatible with full frame.

Bill.
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
                X