memory card lies part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

memory card lies part 2

THIS IS THE SECOND POST MY LAD MADE REGARDING HIS FINDINGS WITH THE 7D2 AND MEMORY CARDS .i have posted it separately as is such a important subject .it also outlines how he actually tested it
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

I Received my New Card through the other day and testing provides some interesting results. After switching off some features that were slowing down the buffer I believe ( a lens distortion correction feature) I did a test with a 10 second timer, holding my finger on the shutter button, shooting in RAW, ISO 100, 1/8000 in Manual ( to get the highest shutter speed) and with the cap on in MF mode.

The tests went as so:

Please Bear in mind during the test buffer will fill to 31 shots and then continue to empty and fill till the 10 seconds is up.

Sandisk Ultra 30mb/s Compact Flash Card 18MB/s Write 30MB/s Read: Gave me 37 Shots in total.

Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s UHS-I (Class 1) SD card 40MB/s Write 45MB/s Read: Gave me 47 Shots in total

Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s UHS-I (Class 3) SD card 90MB/s Write 95MB/s Read: Gave me 65 shots in total.

The newest card the extreme pro, was quite the performer giving many more shots after the buffer was full as the buffer was clearing quickly allowing for more frames to be written in quick succession than the other cards. If i had let up on the shutter for a couple of seconds a good burst speed would have resumed Im sure, though it's not something I tested though hopefully I will in real life. One thing is for sure the buffer feels big on the 7D MK II, things happen in a split second with wildlife photography and a 3 second buffer feels huge compared to a 2 second buffer and now with this fast card Im going to see even more improvement especially if I fill the buffer with some action.
    iBirder
Working...
X