7D Mk 11 BBF and One Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7D Mk 11 BBF and One Shot

It dropped (not literally) through the door last week but unfortunately I havent been able to play with it outside very much I have however done a little customising and as I use BBF I decided to set that up.

I set the AF – ON button to AI Servo and the * to One Shot.

What I have found is that the camera will focus when I press the AF-ON but not at all when I move across to One Shot and use the * button.

Hopefully this just me not understanding how it works but I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Dave
    www.trikietowers.com

Re: 7D Mk 11 BBF and One Shot

Can't help with 7d2 specifics, but do you need both? I have af on set to bbf and leave it on servo. If I want a single shot I focus and then take my thumb off the button.
    Paul

Comment

my lad was rambling on about this in the car today ,something about autofocus modes and case settings have to be put in to ???

Comment

I wasn't aware that you could assign the buttons like that. I was sure the camera is either in AI Servo or One Shot. AF case modes just help with easier selection Jeff. It saves you having to trawl through the manual and set AF sensitivity and focus priority etc etc for different usages.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

Yes Paul you can set the * button to One shot/AI Servo. What I am concerned about is that when I go from the AF-ON button to the * button and try to refocus – say after tracking a flying bird that landed had a peck and then walked a few yards for a better peck (sorry about the technical twitcher language) - it won't focus. It will focus if I hit th AF-ON button again so is the technique to do that and then hit the * for One Shot? Or is the AF not working properly?

Dave
          www.trikietowers.com

Comment

Working...
          X