Interesting technical review of 7DII sensor capability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting technical review of 7DII sensor capability

On Clarkvision, an interesting review of the low light performance of the 7DII sensor, rating it above the 6D and as good as any Canon camera on the market. Also some advice on AF tracking set-up.

Here:

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Re: Interesting technical review of 7DII sensor capability

I read that earlier today, it's good stuff but I'm glad someone else posted it as otherwise I might get a reputation for being the only person posting brain-damaging links...

Comment

Originally posted by DrJon View Post
      I might get a reputation for being the only person posting brain-damaging links...

Comment

Very interesting .
        Wouldn't it be nice if Canon developed a camera like the full frame 6D or 5D mk3 but with the ability to switch it to 2x2 binning at the flick of a switch - would knock the likes of the Sony Alpha 7S off the pitch.
        Is there anybody on this forum who can tell me why it is you can change the binning value for an astro ccd camera but not for regular dslr ? Seems such an obvious solution to low light photography.
        Cheers
        James
        James Boardman Woodend
        www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Just thought why you can't bin 2x2 on a dslr - because it is a colour camera with a Bayer system of coloured filters on the pixel array unlike an astro camera which is a straight luminance camera.
          Back to the drawing board !!
          James
          James Boardman Woodend
          www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Working...
          X