Canon Quick Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Quick Guides

Canon DLC have released the start (hopefully) of a series of Quick Guides.

Just thought I'd share.

Re: Canon Quick Guides

Good Share MX5, las you say, et's hope it expands.
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

I think this is a nice thing for Canon to do. But I'm skeptical that it's going to help me really solve my problems when I am having trouble with a camera and some particular concept.

I now delay purchasing a new model (the last was the 50D...and where is that 60D I'm still hoping for???) until the David Busch guide comes out. That allows Canon a couple of production runs to get the kinks out, and I just find that I need a comprehensive guide to really learn my camera.

I think one of keys as to how effective these quick guides will be is whether they are "different" than what Canon has already published about that particular aspect. When I'm having trouble understanding something about how my camera works, I need to see a different person write about. Often when someone explains something differently from someone else, that's when the light goes on.

But again, I think Canon does understand consumer needs, and I pat them on the back for this effort.

Comment

Originally posted by vinlyn09 View Post
        I now delay purchasing a new model (the last was the 50D...and where is that 60D I'm still hoping for???) until the David Busch guide comes out. That allows Canon a couple of production runs to get the kinks out, and I just find that I need a comprehensive guide to really learn my camera.
        Vinlyn09: what is the "David Busch Guide" and where is it available?

Thanks
        John

Comment

John,
          It is available on Amazon
          David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
            John,
            It is available on Amazon
            Thanks I'll have a look.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
              Canon DLC have released the start (hopefully) of a series of Quick Guides.

Just thought I'd share.
              Thanks for the "heads up" on that. I have dowloaded and printed off a copy of each and look forward to many more.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by johnatj View Post
                Vinlyn09: what is the "David Busch Guide" and where is it available?

John
                Personally, I think Busch's books are probably the best written guides to using particular higher-end camera models. He's very good at writing explanations and organizes his books well. As someone pointed out, readily available on Amazon, and usually he comes out with a book for a new model in a relatively quick time period.

Comment

thanks MX5 , i like quick guides especially for the keyboard shortcuts.

If anyone is interested quick guides are availiable free for Microsoft , Mac and Adobe stuff including Photoshop and Elements at

Comment

Working...
                  X